MM aftermath

Gravy Monster":1bdhkvel said:
Russell":1bdhkvel said:
There was always a big cheer from the heckling tent as I went past

Were you sporting a Beard by any chance ?? :LOL:

:LOL:

No, well, a little stubble by Sunday morning but nothing that warranted a cheer as I rode past :)

here's a link to my farsebook picture gallery for you guys if you want to have a look , there a couple of deacent pics but i am no steve behr or geoff waugh!! :LOL:

feel free to add me so you can tag yourself if you spot one of you, but if you do, send a message with your RB username otherwise i won't know who you are!! ;)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 5fce8c000b

hope that works ok

Just wanted to add my appreciation to the guys who were screaming from the 'Heckling Tent' - I could hear you from half way up the Kenda climb!

"Go on Jesus!" has got to be the best heckle ever! I wonder if the chap shaved his beard off after the race??

The rest of the course was silent compared to you lot - you should be proud!

What a fantastic weekend!
Was good to meet you all and be able to put names to faces.

I was riding the Manitou (not cracked) Hardtail which I've owned for 15 years, and was in Simod's team of ten - in the marquee... I can only apologise for the silver shorts, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

There was a great atmosphere in the RetroBike 'village' and I don't think I've ever met such enthusiastic cyclists (apart from Heathy at 4 o'clock in the morning that is...)
Here's a few pics...

Attachments

• dave1.jpg
    dave1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,021
  • dave2.jpg
    dave2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,021
  • Hardtail.jpg
    Hardtail.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,021
alright, admit it, who still hasn't removed their race number? and has been out on that bike with said number board?! :D

mine is still on but i haven't been on that bike, but i somehow found the strength to do a 22 mile ride on monday night with 2 mates, and on the "hills" we have down here i found them easy by comparison!! :D

jonnyboy666":2kt55h1k said:
alright, admit it, who still hasn't removed their race number? and has been out on that bike with said number board?! :D

mine is still on but i haven't been on that bike, but i somehow found the strength to do a 22 mile ride on monday night with 2 mates, and on the "hills" we have down here i found them easy by comparison!! :D

Rode my Jamis down the pub last night (still with number on :oops: )

Back