Pinarello Montello - Chrome

jonnyboy666":r01zs2qv said:
very nice! :cool:

brave mixing shimano and campag though!! :LOL:

Only Brave if I get telled off on here for doing it! Gears are friction and therefore I am not playing index gears, so they work OK.

I have a problem with having bikes that don't work, so I like to keep them running whilst they are being changed. I need to find a Italian C-Rec BB and a 1st gen chainset and we all know what they go for - so I will wait and find something in time. Same with headset and seatpost and so on....

Don't really like mish-mash bikes too much but then don't want it sitting there in bits waiting to get it all together either.

LBS recently offered to sell me Brake / Gear cables in bulk as I move bits around them often. :)

Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)
And this is just beautiful.
You should be proud of yourself :)

wired99":3inrnvty said:
Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)

Thank you very much :)

Weather permitting, it is back out for a few weeks in the sunshine and the summer. Possibly at Bills Cafe soon!

Just bought some rather nice wheels and a new rear mech for this...

Photos soon - but basically C-Rec gen1 rear mech.

C-Rec hubs, SSC rims (blue) and Campag freewheel..

getting there slowly... even got a chainset sorted, just need the BB.

Will update when possible.

DA-EVO":1wsk6v5n said:
wired99":1wsk6v5n said:
Just seen this, WOW!

Weather permitting, it is back out for a few weeks in the sunshine and the summer. Possibly at Bills Cafe soon!

I will keep an eye out for it! Are you in Lewes? If you ever fancy a ride me and a couple of pals do a nice Sunday morning potter round the lanes most weeks...

wired99":22ifjgji said:
DA-EVO":22ifjgji said:
wired99":22ifjgji said:
Just seen this, WOW!

I will keep an eye out for it! Are you in Lewes? If you ever fancy a ride me and a couple of pals do a nice Sunday morning potter round the lanes most weeks...

In Brighton, have a little issue getting up to being fit enough, but yeah, sounds good.

Sometimes I go and bother the CTC on a Sunday so would be a good idea, find some lunch as well perhaps :)

Back