17" Orange X1

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Bought it, built it, rode it once, tried to convince myself it wasn't too big, but it is so now I'm selling it to buy a frame thats the right size for me.

Bought through e-bay from a forum member, original e-bay ad here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... IBSA:UK:11

Like I said, its literally been built and ridden once so all I'm asking for it is exactly what I paid (£113 shipped within the UK) which given its condition, is a bargain (as it was when I bought it).

You'll get everything I got when I bought it which includes a set of new decals and a couple of shims for the seat tube.

I built it up with Pace RC36 forks and Magura HS33s and it looked the business and rode well but its just too big for me.

Should probably add that I would swap this for something steel, 16" and hardtail.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Swaps

Hi have a 16 inch Raleigh Dynatech MT that I would swap. It's an un used frame from a dealers clearance, never built up. Just an odd blemish from storage. Can send you pics. Has an all steel crmo rear triangle with Metal Matrix main tubes in steel lugs.
I know this frame would be big on me too, but I have a m8 that would like this frame. Let me know Phil

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm shocked this didn't sell. It's a lovely looking steed. It looks big for a 17" frame - how tall are you?

Kestonian":g6rx6chw said:
I'm shocked this didn't sell. It's a lovely looking steed. It looks big for a 17" frame - how tall are you?

Me too, less than £100 for one of the first suspension bikes from Orange. It really is a great frame, its condition is absolutely spot on. I'm only 5'8", the frame measures 17" C-C, but the fit does feel larger than that.

I've just built mine up again, singlespeed. Mine's the Large size (though to an extent the BB to top of seat tube depends on what shock you are using). BITD the frame was £450 plus shock (extra £225 in my case as I got the remote lock out Stratashock). This was June 1996.

Will try and post some pix at some point.

orange71":c0ozxmjk said:
I've just built mine up again, singlespeed. Mine's the Large size (though to an extent the BB to top of seat tube depends on what shock you are using). BITD the frame was £450 plus shock (extra £225 in my case as I got the remote lock out Stratashock). This was June 1996.

Will try and post some pix at some point.

I had to read this twice.. singlespeed? But ah, yes, its a URT so it can be done without having to worry about chain stretch etc. Be interested to see it :)

will post up pictures soon. Don't expect an oil painting - this is a very lived-in (or should I say 'on') bike!

BTW I saw your auction - are you sure your seatpost is 27.2 as I could have sworn mine is 26.8 unshimmed - though I might be wrong?

Yup, defo 27.2 shimmed. I have two shims actually, can't remember what size the other one is, might be down to 26.? Both are included with the frame as thats how I got it.

hmm. wonder how that is then? I know mine is one of the earlier ones as they'd not long been out when I got mine - I wonder if yours is one of the later ones?

They're right about the bearing surface though, I've never even lubed mine in 10 years and there's no problems. Still no flex or looseness.

Back