Cassia - my old Italian steed - newbie alert

Banashapan

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I've always been a keen cyclist, and recently I have found myself on a work placement with a design company in Milan.

To cut a (kinda) long story short, I ended up heading to my local flea market to find a nice cheap bike to provide me with transport around the city during the time of my stay...

...I know technically speaking this isn't strictly a road bike, but its almost there, just the bars that let it down!

I apologise for its general grubbiness, but it seems it hasn't had a good clean in years!

From what I can work out, I believe Cassia to be from the 70's (please correct me if I'm wrong!). As I can't seem to find anything out about the Cassia brand, I took a guess by the components mounted, and believe it was probably made in a backstreet somewhere in Italy!

It seems now I don't want to leave her here in Milan, so it'll be coming to England with me... where a good cleaning and possible cheapy resto!

Anyway, here's some photos... oh, and she cost me 30 euros :)

bike.jpg

cassia.jpg

lugs.jpg

seat1.jpg

shifter.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That is defintiely worth hanging on to - it's a bit mucky and I don't usually go for moustache handlebars, but it all works really well together. I love the colour and the lugs. What's it like to ride?

Keep them photos coming!

Well, its not the best to ride at the moment - slightly loose headset, and rear wheel bearings are a tad loose, and also the wheels are slightly buckled... so needs some tlc- and I dont have the tools with me to sort it, as I didnt plan on buying a bike over here! :(

I'll stick some photos up when I get her back to England and when the rebuild is done. A respray is planned, want to keep it on a retro colour scheme.

I'm loving the lugs too, the only other bikes I can find them on is a Garlatti Parma, from the early 70's, and a Cinelli Riviera...

Back