MM aftermath

A quick one from me this morning before I head to Dubai...

My first Mayhem and enjoyed every minute of it. Great to meet some people for the first time and some old (very) faces :LOL: Cheers to Guvnor John, Mr K and everyone else for making it such a top weekend.

A few things that stuck out for me were..

Geoff Superstrong coming round on the first lap past the RB heckling tent on a Raleigh Mirage in 3rd spot...way ahead of that well known slowcoach Nick Craig...fantastic.

Jenga night, Carols spicy Marmalade jam, Jonny and James immense bike displays, heaps of other lovely bikes (note to self: need Manitou HT) Mr K's eclectic DJ sounds, but most of all going out for my first lap, my first ever taste of riding at night, loved it. Oh and blasting past full sussers in the singletrack sections ont Yo Eddy. :twisted:

All I can say is, I'll be there again next year.

Gutted, I was unable to go,with work getting in the way

...now even more so having seen the pics and your reports.

....gotta make sure I make one event this year...and MM next..

Be warned though....I tend to take the weather wherever I go.

To those warriors that rode, or just shouted..you have my utmost respect.

K

gents

a grand weekend. can actually still feel my lungs from the 1st lap - probably more from the run than the '89 Raleigh Mirage. Thanks to JV for prepping it up so it didnt kill me.
Some great heckling too - managed to win the 10am time slot Kenda climb - spurred on by the heckling tent still going strong.
ideas for next years 1st lap extravaganza will be welcome nearer the time.
well done to everyone who rode, supported or ate their own body weight in burgers.

superstrong

Wow what a fantastic weekend...my first Mayhem and I absolutely loved it...even with my role as 'pit b**ch' LOL Thanks to the flatlanders for an awesomely welcoming reception and friendly banter throughout ;) ....many thanks to the entire retro camp for being such lovely people and opening my eyes to the world of random heckling :LOL:

So glad it didn't rain throughout but the sunburn (wrestling mask) isn't...the pink panda suffers. Next year I shall be riding, almost couldn't contain myself this year. Still on a tired high from the event, maybe that has to do with 5 hours sleep over the weekend...

Looking forward to seeing you all soon...

xPantha Mx
:p

Hey,

Not sure if this is just me, but I spoke to a load of people who I don't know, but may know from here if that makes sense!! :?

Maybe some pic clues would be useful so I can put names to faces as I am pretty bad at this sort of thing..?

I am no 1421 on far right of above finish line pic. Rode a Fat 10th with purple and red Buck. :D

I was number 1418 and I hope that someone got a shot of me riding. Me and my beard can be seen in next to nobby and his gratuitous nipple shot on page one. I'm also lurking in the shadows of the heckle tent next to Mr K slumped over his decks further up this page.

Gump it was me who needed the bolt to fix my Dyna Tech. So thank you again.

I spoke to lots of people as well and I apologise for not establishing who you were. That's the problem with learning real names as well as forum names in a sleep deprived state I guess...

gump":3pnorw7t said:
Hey,

Not sure if this is just me, but I spoke to a load of people who I don't know, but may know from here if that makes sense!! :?

Maybe some pic clues would be useful so I can put names to faces as I am pretty bad at this sort of thing..?

I am no 1421 on far right of above finish line pic. Rode a Fat 10th with purple and red Buck. :D

I know the feeling! Lol!! I'm the little one in the middle in Grannygrinder's Thurs Eve Posse pic on the previous page, and I was also Marshall on the gravelly sketchy corner near the end of the course! :cool:

gump":3t9kdaqw said:

I'm the one that dropped my wine gums on the floor :(

i believe in fixies":niqk0pl4 said:
gump":niqk0pl4 said:

I'm the one that dropped my wine gums on the floor :(

I was the knob on the Zaskar with the spiderman helmet on in disbelief that the wine gums were being judged edible by the amount of dust on them before being eaten only leaving the one that was trod on!!....Brilliant :LOL: :LOL:

Back