why do i continue to buy??? (DeKerf content) now goodbye!

no, i do recall some forks. does that mean something is on the "table" that your "offering"? ;)

RockiMtn":fqqxsk3q said:
e) i have too many nice bikes, so why ride this one?

a) You can never have too many nice bikes, and
b) There is no acceptable reason to not ride a bike.

andrewl":2k1e0689 said:
RockiMtn":2k1e0689 said:
e) i have too many nice bikes, so why ride this one?

a) You can never have too many nice bikes, and
b) There is no acceptable reason to not ride a bike.

:LOL: taken a bit out of context i believe. i meant that i have many other nice bikes in better suitable riding condition for me than this particular one, so why ride this bike to the race event next week, when there's something probably more appropriate?

Thomson stuff is nice, but I thought some Syncros and Race Face would suit much better. ;)

It had to go, but I must admit the carbon riser weighed next to nothing! :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_3258.JPG
    IMG_3258.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,984
some updates… boy that steerer is LONG! :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_3835.JPG
    IMG_3835.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,839
  • IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,839
  • IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,839
  • IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,839
not NOS, but minty. desc was that it was stripped from a new older mountain bike. found one small nick on one side on the decal but other than that, from what i can tell, this could pass as near new. need to cut down the steerer, which is supposed to be 10" worth. :shock:

need to find a manual to figure out how to tune the fork. i see that i can pump air into both legs near the brake posts.

so this should be a proper 65mm fork that's appropriate for the frame, but looks a little long. what do you all think?

RockiMtn":37wlaza0 said:
so are mine 99 model?

Yes they are 1999 Z2 Superfly, the only year they made them, they changed the name after that and altered the brace

What would you like to know.

As would you believe I have a pair, recently taken to pieces to fit new bushings.
Have the docs (a technical one and better than the one that comes with it) the since lost the pdf so only a print out.

Oil weight is 7wt, and I doubt you alter that (there are two places to put it), other than that it's air pressure and the height of the oil in a similar way to MAG's if you know them. You should have an elbow bend adaptor to put on air valve as afaik it makes getting the correct press right. Oh and you have to take the brakes of each time you wish to alter the air !doh!!.
There is also a long allen key you should have to alter the rebound etc which turn the bits recess far inside the bottom legs.

Back