X-Type external bottom bracket bearings

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Posted this in off-topic 'cause it isn't retro but I guess plenty people here ride modern stuff as well?
Basically my X-type bearings are a bit knackered..they're shimano on XT Hollowtech cranks.....and I'm reading reviews for replacements. Seems people experiences vary wildly between say shimano and race face.
Interested in other peoples experiences....which would you go for?
Cheers
Carl

I run both XT & XT-R external BB bearings and they are fine. smooth What more can i expect. Dare i say. As i'm no Shimano fan either. If i could buy better or equal for the same £££ then i would. Back in the good ol days i had Suntour & Bullseye

get the acros clockwork x-type bottom bracket it is the best made bottom bracket ive come across and i chew throw a lot the way i ride lol got the best revues every where :cool:

My RF starting clicking after 3 rides :roll:
Phil Wood do some replacement bearings ;)

ive got several mates who got the new x-type chainsets from race face when they came out with in months id replace all of them with acros because of how shockingly poor quality the race face ones were exsept one bloke who had an xt one fitted two weeks ago il let you know how he fairs with it as time goes by :cool: :D

Back