1998 Ibis Spanky New Pictures, new thoughts :-(

Harryburgundy":3mafgloo said:
....a BIG THANKS to NakedGav who sent (Karma stylee) a copy of Cycling Weekly...

You're more than welcome mate, glad it arrived ok.
I would definitely recommend trying out a set of compact road bars (although this may well include a new stem as most compact bars are O/S).
I've started using them on my road bike this year and it's so much more comfortable. Not quite so stretched when on the hoods and the drops are comfortable enough to use a lot more.
I'm so impressed with them I'm swapping out the standard bars on my cross bikes for some compacts for the coming season.

Yup...currently working on it as you have suggested.

Quill/ahead converter.
Thomson road stem (a beaut)
RaceFace Cadence Compact bars

erm...and I have also treated myself to a black Sotto Voce CK headset which is on its way over from the States

The modern stuff is sitting very nicely with the retro...and will no doubt make it much more comfortable

Happy days :D

Am I boring you yet? :LOL:

Finished the build again ( :roll: ) starting to fit me now with the modern bars etc

Flite Alpes is NOS
Seat-post Jim Kish Ti with Thomson Clamp
Bars RaceFace Compact Cadence
Headset CK
Wheels Hope Ti Glide FIR Rialto
Groupset Campagnolo Record Ti
Frame 98 Ibis Spanky
Stem Thomson

Stuffforsale614.jpg

Harryburgundy":1emgtrqh said:
Am I boring you yet? :LOL:

Finished the build again ( :roll: ) starting to fit me now with the modern bars etc

Flite Alpes is NOS
Seat-post Jim Kish Ti with Thomson Clamp
Bars RaceFace Compact Cadence
Headset CK
Wheels Hope Ti Glide FIR Rialto
Groupset Campagnolo Record Ti
Frame 98 Ibis Spanky
Stem Thomson

Stuffforsale614.jpg

That looks the dog doo dah's now... I like it (even if it is tiny!)

i-am-iron-man":2nmyrhxf said:
Hello Harry

Where did you procure that exquisite Kish seatpost from please?
New-old-stock Flites, mmm.

Alistair

The post was bought from a member here...JonJones...who bought it off Mikkel....who bought it off JonJones....who bought it off Mikkel.

:LOL:

I'm sure you could have a word with Jim Kish Fabrications if you want one?

Cheers
Carl

Nice

Great bike. I'm sure that you will love it and glad to see that it is getting the attention that it deserves. I have a "quiver" of Ibis bikes including a '97 Hakkalugi, a 2001 Ripley and and '07 Carbon Silk. I've been looking for a Spanky myself. Yours has a great color but I'm very partial to the Yellow.

Attachments

• 2007 - 3842.jpg
    2007 - 3842.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,883
Back