Any suggestions ?

inflationsaint

Dirt Disciple
Thought I'd show you all my one and only at the moment. Would and should have more, but the missus would pack up and go. Ho hum.

Attachments

• litesp1.jpg
    litesp1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,229
  • litesp2.jpg
    litesp2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,229
inflationsaint":y01925xg said:
Thought I'd show you all my one and only at the moment. Would and should have more, but the missus would pack up and go. Ho hum.

My missus keeps threatening to do that too. But I called her bluff so many times that now I have 10 bikes and she still ain't packed her bags yet!

I think its a case of 'not what you do but the way you do it' Like so much in life :LOL:

bars are fine m8

as for laydees ......the old how many pairs of shoes/nights out with yer mates
new cars /trips to ikea,habitat / sky telly things can you have is well worth a try
go fer it m8

Hybrid

Sooper frame but the component choice!!!!! About fifteen years apart The XT Crankset has to go and the Vee brakes with a Canti hanger is a big no no!
Riser Bars? Has to be a flat bar with riser stem, if you need a bit more height. Mech's are way too modern too.
Are you planning to swap the parts to retro era as and when?

Re: Hybrid

Wold Ranger":q6exls4x said:
Sooper frame but the component choice!!!!! About fifteen years apart The XT Crankset has to go and the Vee brakes with a Canti hanger is a big no no!
Riser Bars? Has to be a flat bar with riser stem, if you need a bit more height. Mech's are way too modern too.
Are you planning to swap the parts to retro era as and when?

Yeah well these are the components as bought, so certain things must go.
Just fitted thumbies, and bidding on a "proper" XT rear mech so should have that soon. I HATE the cranks, dont even understand or care how they attach themselves to the BB. I also cant stand the hubs which are xt with some really naff satin finish, oh for still having my pair of Dave Hinde built Dakars on MA40's, I loved those hoops so much. So stuff will change, BUT I actually like risers, and if thats a "no no" then so be it. This wont be a restoration thing so much as picking what ( in my opinion ) was the best from then with a few bit and bobs from now. And just one thing - there is no canti hanger, or at least not one I recognise as such.

Project

Sorry I couldn't see it that clearly in the photo, Canti's would like nice though, you could retro fit a CX one. On the Bar front Salsa now do a range of Flat bars that have varying degrees of sweep to emulate risers that you could put on a riser stem, same effect only looks more authentic.
The two piece XT cranks were the first of the style and not that great, but the new stuff by Truvativ are just so easy to fit, service and very very light, literally 1 minute to remove the chainset and two to fit a new BB. But no good for retro.
Can't beat a Ti hardtail really, despite all the modern Suss innovations, nothing climbs like one.

Back