'92 Orange Clockwork

I picked the frame up yesterday - there's a pretty good sprinkling of rust all over - I'll post some pics when I get a chance tomorrow or Tuesday. In the meantime, the serial number's A2050410 - can anyone get a year from that for me?

Wow, such lovely old frames. I need to rescue mine some day.

What's the BB is that an old Zero or Middleburn or Royce or...

Dibs if it's a Zero and you want to part with it, hahaha.

Brocklanders thankyou very much

Dr Robotnik - I'm pretty sure I've got an LX chainset (with rings) if you want it - 175mm - I'm away till Wednesday but will check it out & pm you. Unsure about the bb - but I'll let you know...

Agree - I would, to be honest, be surpised if the bb's anything other than what was in there when the bike was bought so dx sounds about right. Frustrating being away from home & unable to have a good look...

Close-up pics of the paintwork - alas I think it'll have to be re-done - & the bottom bracket which looks like a Suntour ball & cup

Attachments

• II.jpg
    II.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,741
  • I.jpg
    I.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,741
  • III.jpg
    III.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1,741
  • IV.jpg
    IV.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 1,741
This looks like a potentially awesome project. Looks like quite a lot of touching up so if mine i'd probably go down the powdercoat route. Gil_m can get you new decals probably and they are of great quality.

:shock: Looks to have had a hard life. Powder coating and new decals could be the way to go. If you do strip it try and save the Tange Infinity decal as you'll struggle to find another. I carefully peeled mine off then mounted it on some double sided tape. ;)
Here's mine. Was trying to make it look like yours did originally. :D

Back