RB NATIONAL STATUS EVENT: Forest of Dean July 18th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some top riding in the foD, the lads guiding really know their stuff. Will try and make this one :cool:

Daj,

Can you add 1 to list :cool:

I have talked an old riding mate I met at MM10 who has secretly had the Retro bug but avoided it...................... well until he bumped into me after 10+ years and saw us lot and our steeds :cool:

He has signed up already as Lookback and will be digging out his old bike too, I will bring him with me so there will be no escape for him :LOL:

Cheers

GM

Would this be suitable for my 1st event?
Whats involved as regards mileage / hours in saddle /cost etc?
I'm getting there but still nowhere near my early 90s fighting weight!

SMD":6ozvihqw said:
Would this be suitable for my 1st event?
Whats involved as regards mileage / hours in saddle /cost etc?
I'm getting there but still nowhere near my early 90s fighting weight!

I'm in the Forest tomorrow for a route recce and can post up more details following that but can assure you that we won't be hammering along at race pace.

Were is the starting point for this meet? So that i can look for a B&B/ train station near.

Having covered the route today I have only just cleaned the happy dust off my teeth (because I was grinning so much). The trails are riding brilliantly and conditions are just about perfect plus we saw only a couple of other riders during the whole ride.

I've updated the original post with some practical details but for those who want a few specifics, we'll start off on the SSEC10 then deviate to include some FoD classic named sections of singletrack (including the Descent of Almost Certain Death) before a visit to the pub for lunch/liquid fast acting nerve calmer. Post lunch is some stunning riding on fast, flat singletrack then a few optional loops including the aptly named Followthrough.

It's going to be good....

This is sounding great stuff Ed :cool:

Is there anymore takers for the ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back