Retro shoes...!!

PooBahs!

Best shoes ever!

Still on my original pair and have now started buying up any others I see ready should I ever need to replace! So comfortable and despite initial reservations about the suede they're fine. As Moonkatuk mentioned - simply wait for the mud to dry and brush off!

Now this has the the worst pair ever :shock: - debate!

If anyone still has a pair of these i wonder if they'll own up to it...? :LOL:

Attachments

• alpinestars_system_5_shoes.jpg
    alpinestars_system_5_shoes.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,251
Still use my Shimano SHM-210's. The best cycling shoe I have ever worn. Much better than AXO mission 2's I had before.

I've got two pairs of Sidis, one about 6 years old and the other only six months or so. I sold my old black pair with fluro orange soles once I brought the latest pair. They won't last forever, but the replacement parts mean they do earn their keep.

I once had a gopping pair of blue and yellow Greg Lemond model Carnac road shoes made from Kangaroo leather, but boy were they comfortable. Stupidly (?) sold them on eBay for something like £2.31

I've still got my Carnac Evolutions, lovely shoes, SO comfortable. Will look nice with my BeenBag jersey. Will sort out some pics.

Shimano M110s. Bloody comfy, I'm not too much of a fan of the luminous yellow straps though! :LOL:

This thread is so wrong! :( stop it now. Don't encourage Longy with his strange luminous shoe fetish. :shock:

Listen Gonzo

This thread is proper retro....y'know that luminous gear is the future...bring back purple and flourescent yellow tops NOW!

Now where did i put my Harrington jacket with those badges on? ;)

Longy - loving the Gaerbe Kobra's! Not seen them before.

Would love some NOS retro shoes - especially some Sidi Dominators like these below, or Poobahs etc.

Attachments

• dominators.jpg
    dominators.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 816
MadCowKev

Glad you like em...proper retro as i bought em when i bought the APEX 91/92. Really comfy and raise a few eyebrows on the trail..! Think Gonzo is jealous cos he's only just realised that retro means clobber as well as bike. If your on the Northern Meet in October you can drool over em then...! :LOL:

Longy

Back