MM aftermath

just checked and retrobike flatlanders win the day as the fastest 4 man team by 2 sec's boooooo yaarrrhhhhhhhh slackers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

THATS 2 SECCONDS OF GLORY im lovin it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wasn't riding retro but looked forward to the heckling from the red barons on every lap, although the lack of vinyl from the DJ was a bit of a let down ;)

Totally bowled over & blowing my own trumpet but 24th in the solo's get in :)

Dickyboy":2bigqg85 said:
Wasn't riding retro but looked forward to the heckling from the red barons on every lap, although the lack of vinyl from the DJ was a bit of a let down ;)

Totally bowled over & blowing my own trumpet but 24th in the solo's get in :)

congrates you mentalist 24th is bloody good going i stuggeled with my 5 laps :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just back from dropping off the hire van and I just wanted to add to what's been said already.
Fantastic weekend with a great bunch of people. I shall now attempt to reduce my memories of 24 hours of riding into 24 bullet points.

• The Friday night BBQ, with the unbearable tension of Jenga and exceeding my self enforced three pint limit. "The first rule of Jenga club is... "
• Carol's spicy onion relish.
• Gravy Monster and Jonnyboy's 'How many bikes can I fit in a van' competition. GM won by a tandem.
• Lot's of beautiful retro metal on display. Too many to list.
• GT Midnight Aurora overload.
• MrK's Haro...
• The NWA team breakfast/strategy meeting with Ed Edward's guest appearance as motivational speaker/pain guru.
• Laps 1-4: Tempo | Laps 5-8: Chimp Suppression | Laps 9-12: Hurt Locker | Laps 13-18: Unleash the Inner Chimp | Laps 18+: The Seven Circles of Hell.
• The opening lap run which put me straight into the hurt locker.
• Quality tunes and heckling from the RB massif. "Use the beard" and "Don't climb on cheese"...
• The endless climbs, plasticine woods and the increasingly alarming braking bumps.
• Finding plenty of lovely pace booty to follow up the climbs.
• Passing lots of modern full sussers on the ups and some of the downs.
• Clouds of dust on a bone dry course.
• The two lap Baltic night shift where I ran out of water, food, energy and breath.
• 15 minutes of oxygen in the first aid tent at 3am.
• Not letting the Kenda Klimb beat me.
• Hearing tales of Sidewinder's double puncture. I only wish I'd been there to help Dave.
• Snapping the seatpost binder bolt on my Dyna Tech while preparing it for the night shift. Thanks go to Gump for finding a suitable replacement.
• Superstrong getting the fastest time on the Kenda Klimb on Saturday morning; 48 seconds! 'ave it!
• Tad and Dickyboy's solo epics. Well done those men.
• Sinnett177 telling me to go and have a picnic somewhere on my last lap.
• Cheering in the Retrobike team finish.
• Returning home to explain why I've let myself get sunburnt and I have yet another frame. Cheers John. :LOL:

:D

What a great weekend!!
Definately a classic :)
The weather was fantastic, the people friendly, BBQ tasty and course as shite as ever :LOL:

Thanks JV for the BBQ, Mr K for the tunes and the rest of the guys for making it a good experience.

As a three and a bit man team, we were never going to large it, but was great fun anyhow and Chris and Jason shared made up a great team. Cheers guys!

The first and last laps were just awesome.

Coming past the RB tent to eye of the tiger, the cheers were amazing!!

Last lap, catching up to rest of massive and 6 of us crossing line formation flying just topped off a good weekend.

Sorry I didn't actually know all the guys on last lap, but cheers for the wine gums ;)

Looking forward to next year.. trackside tent is the way forward :D

Cheers CK, thankfully I was running some suspension up front & not those Surly 1 x 1's we've been trading ;) my wrists & back were (still are) wrecked as it is

Errr 20th soloist if you don't include the jibbers who wimped out before the 24rs was up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gump":2pe7x882 said:
:D

Last lap, catching up to rest of massive and 6 of us crossing line formation flying just topped off a good weekend.

5 I got dumped in the gutter coming down towards the gate .... gutted :cry: :oops: :LOL:

Back