Finally finished!! (AMP B4) - opinions please.

Unfortunately I only have the boring yellow one :?

The polished ones have always been one of my most desired bikes

Attachments

• b4-01.jpg
    b4-01.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3,217
LardLover said:
Just finished my AMP B4 last night, and now it's bloody raining so can't take it out for a quick spin (it's going to be a dry only bike :oops: )

Couple of things I want to change. First, the seat. I had a red flite but it didn't match the red Ringle bits (it looked orange), I'm not sure about the black Flite, perhaps with a silver post? Second, the chain rings. I really need a red middle (or silver) and a silver outer with red outer chain ring bolts.

So, can I have your opinions please, this is my first effort at a Retro Rebuild, criticism/recommendations appreciated.

I like the red touches. Not OTT. Can't got wrong with a black flite. Good to see a retro sticker on the back

:D

that is really nice Lardlover - don't see it getting much use though seeing where you live......

LardLover":14lkh8es said:
and now it's bloody raining so can't take it out for a quick spin (it's going to be a dry only bike :oops: )

do it some justice - take it out, thrash it, get it dirty..... :LOL:

You want my opinion?

Okay, than you get my opinion!

I find it very nice :D

Detail =>

rearsnowflake_672.jpg

I am not a big fan of this generation XT. The looks aren't up to the earlier m730 XT imho (actually I find that of all later XT groups). With your red bits tuning you give the stuff a great finishing touch. Well done.

EEKS! :shock: =>

rearpivot_313.jpg

That pivot/bolt looks so 'skinny' compared to that of for example my SkyExpension. On the other hand your entire frame will be about as heavy as the m12 bolt of my SkyExpension :cool:

Nice ride, LardLover

Really nice, I wonder how it rides though. Remember a horrible review from "Mountain Bike" at the same time as MBA gave the bike superb comments.

Thanks for the compliments guys :D

I did take it out for a ride last night, it dried up.............until I left the house!

One fatal mistake....... I forgot to tighten up the lower shock mount bolts..........dropped off a kerb and..........Oops :oops: no damage though!

al, pm on the way. ;)

Lovely.

Good to see an Amp on here.

I'll give you a sneak preview of some B3 madness in my stable!!
A few more details...It's just in the mock up build stage at the moment. ALL bolts will be either Ti or Ally.

0023.jpg

Back