MM aftermath

Brilliant weekend :cool:

Pretty much what everyone else has said, too many highlights and too tired to think!

last lap was a hoot , Never seen a dusty wine gum free for all before :LOL:

Here are some pics

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0402-1.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

Gravy Monster":3k8sa40h said:
I have a good one of Nobby riding something strange !

on the Quatrefoil :LOL: It was rather wobbly I think due to the fact Nobby's legs couldnt reach the pedals up front

MM10011.jpg

Trackside camping and Heckling tent :cool:

MM10002.jpg

Mackster cleaning up

MM10013.jpg

Clean Maverick after a lap

MM10014.jpg

Midnight Aurua overdose :cool:

MM10036.jpg

Me on the Diamond back @ 05:00 this am with can of Bisto in bottle cage ;)

MM10040.jpg

My boys :)

MM10016.jpg

Quality Weekend!

Many thanks to all the RB Crew for making my non RB mates feel so welcome - All of them really enjoyed it :D

A few pics from my rather poor camera :oops:

1. Retrobike MM HQ
2. Trackside Heckle Tent with 'thumping' tunes
3. 'The Blonde Bullet' - aka 'Hardtail' - riding 'Dave the Manitou' like he stole it!!
4. Jimmy T back to exorcise the MM2007 Demons! Luckily all smiles :D

Attachments

• Jimmy T.jpg
    Jimmy T.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,439
  • Hardtail.jpg
    Hardtail.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 4,439
  • Heckle tent.jpg
    Heckle tent.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4,439
  • RB MM HQ.jpg
    RB MM HQ.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4,439
Fantastic weekend everyone!! :-D

I'm afraid I don't have any pics to upload, I think I was too busy talking (or otherwise engaged!) to remember to take any! Sorry!! :oops:

As has already been said, the weather was beautiful, apart from Friday eve, but we'll gloss over the rain showers! The bbq was fab, beer was flowing and everyone was chatting away 19 to the dozen ... including me! Lol!! :LOL: The weather just got better and better as the weekend went on, sunny but with a bit of a chilly wind on Saturday, and very cold overnight, but Sunday was a wonderful day with loads of sun, a gentle breeze and occasional patchy clouds ... suntan weather ahoy!! :cool:

Thanks to everyone who came along and made it such a sociable, friendly and generally brilliant event!! (And to those of you who rode in the race ... don't forget to thank your wonderful marshalls, without them the event would just fall apart completely!! Hint hint!! Lol!! ;) )

Here's to next year's Mayhem ... may it be dry, dusty and sunny again, and as welcoming as this year!! :cool:

I will now toast that thought with a large glass of wine ... and promptly fall asleep on the sofa! :D

See you all soon I hope,
Lollipops xx

Well, just back from breaking both my race and mayhem cherries :D
Had a great weekend and was really good to put faces to user-names (not that I've remembered most of them!).
Was great to do the first lap on my Overbury's and even better to overtake people on it :D

Hats off to the guvner for the 5th birthday BBQ, to Neil for probably the most eclectic mix of music I've ever heard in 24 hours (Barbie Girl on the pan pipes sticks in the memory :D ), Jonny boy for running our 10 man team (and doing the final lap!) and everyone else there for making it a quality weekend.

Maksters unofficial, official awards.....

Bike of the weekend - Chris Fisher MT Tam (that he should have showed off WAY more!)

Heckle of the weekend - Gravy Monster to Jonny Boy (after an 'anti-social' reaction to his antibiotics) - 'Use the amoxicillin' :D

Effort of the weekend - Superstrong for his first lap (I overheard at least 5 people on the start-line talking about him from last year!)

Will certainly be doing this again next year, and hopefully with the same weather :cool:
Wont be voluntering to dothe first lap though...the run almost kiiled me!

this will be quick as i'm ready for bed!!! :D

thanks to everyone who came and special thanks to everyone who rode regardless of whether they were in my team or not. brilliant weekend :D

thankfully my chest infection sorted itself out with the aid of antibiotics but unfortunately left me with an awful case of the runs!!! :shock: :LOL:

thanks to makster for doing the run!! what a star!! :D i think i would have died if i had done it! :LOL: the course i think was harder this year with what seemed like endless climbing and just as you think you're gonna go downhill they chuck in a turn that forces you down something slow then make you climb again!! evil course builders!!! :shock:

loving the tunes from DJ K!! :D eye of the tiger was defo the daddy!!! :D

some of the best heckling i have ever heard aswel, Go on the beard!! Go on the hair! Go on jesus!! Use the hill!! don't climb on cheese!! not forgetting my fuax pas of "come on the beard!!" then realising what i had said, followed by dirty minded laughter!! :LOL:

the last lap was great with 5 of us crossing the line together!! awsome!! :D

i'll load up the pics tomorrow when i've got back from covering holiday at the shop i used to run, stupid isn't it, i get 2 weeks off and agree to work a week for someone!! :roll:

roll on next year!!! :D

Well, MM without rain is a very pleasant experience (although my sunburnt nose is less welcome).

Big, big thanks go out to The Guvnor for putting on a 5 year anniversary BBQ two nights in a row (and ensuring that there was more than enough beer for everyone to have their fill), to everyone who attended and made it such a relaxed and friendly place to be, to all the riders for putting in so many solid laps (did any other club or website have as many riders/completed laps? Somehow I doubt it) but, especially, to Heathy for the decals on his work van - genius is a word used far too casually and frequently inappropriately, but not in this case; loving your work big guy.

A chap has put up a load of photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/ ... 192344223/ , haven't looked at them but guessing that there may be some of the 40+ Retrobike riders who made this such a massively successful year.

Finally, and although it's all about so much more than cold, hard statistics, any idea of how the various teams did - would be good to get some informal 'results' before the official ones are out.

Back