Curtlo Mountaineer 29er SS and now 1x9

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Update 1 Nov 2011, I've converted the Curtlo to 1x9 for a mate to test, more pictures below.

Curtlo_1x9_003.jpg

*********************original start post*************************

Here's the first pictures of my "new to me" Curtlo found in the classifieds here a while back. It is long and low for a 29er, fillet brazed goodness with a really nice zing to the tubeset.

Enjoy!!

Curtlo02s.JPG

That looks fantastic, shame the forks don't have a disc tab as they look good too. Maybe get one welded on?

Thanks, the craftsmanship on the frame is a joy to behold.

I bought the Kelly 29er forks 18 months or so ago thinking the right frame would follow. Now they are a perfect fit and geometry, but V-brake only, sigh. For now I'll ride it with just the rear brake (not a problem in the flat country around here) while I make up my mind on the forks. Maybe a nice disc only fork will present itself.

Enjoy!!

nice! I woulda had that frame if i wasn't such a short fella.

Nice build, as mentioned - forks are sweet .. but isn't that rear hub 130mm??

My grandad had a bike like that in about 1965 strange how things come round again isn't it ;) Looking good though.

Thanks guys, and I have used these wheels in 3 MTB frames and never it struck me as anything but a 135mm rear hub. I also think Mavic intended these to fit skinny 28"road wheels in (disc) MTB frames.

Enjoy!!

Autumn update for the Curtlo. I have changed the build around a bit and this is now a regular rider. Picked up some Ti bits in the classifieds here and I just love the ride. Plus the front end is retro low with old skool quick steering too, well definitely quicker compared to the Singular Swift that I had before this.

Enjoy!!

Curtlo99_17s.JPG

Curtlo99_21s.JPG

Curtlo99_15s.JPG

Not getting on with the Brroks, and I am awaiting delivery of wheels for the next update.

Back