The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
smashford":45hi2ig7 said:
Khs Montana comp LX throughout, I think the forks need replacing as the steerer may have snapped, not had a chance to look yet though, so how much if the forks are broken? And how much if they're not?

:shock:

Think you'll need to post a picture before people can give advice on price, what forks are they? Need to be careful to check frame for cracks etc as well if the snapped forks were due to an impact especially.

How much for a pair of Farmer Johns Cousin tyres (2 seperate tyres)? Tread ok-good, slightly cracked but nothing too bad and still plenty of life left in them?

coomber":k8h4r1wv said:
smashford":k8h4r1wv said:
Khs Montana comp LX throughout, I think the forks need replacing as the steerer may have snapped, not had a chance to look yet though, so how much if the forks are broken? And how much if they're not?

:shock:

Think you'll need to post a picture before people can give advice on price, what forks are they? Need to be careful to check frame for cracks etc as well if the snapped forks were due to an impact especially.

just the steel rigids that wouldve come with the bike, frame looks fine, the steerers just snapped off on the threaded section, I can email someone a pic but cant post pics at the moment only have the iphone to work with

vintage campag hubs

Pair of very old campag hubs I think late 60s, 32, 40 dont know the model most old campag rear hubs I have seen have a grease port on the rear maybe someone can help me with the model and maybe a value

Attachments

• campag hubs.JPG
    campag hubs.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,625
I'm wondering how much a set of mountain LX ('90) in very good condition is worth.

canti's with thumbies
FD and RD
crank with original rings

Cheers
Jeroen

Hard Rock sport

Aquired a Spec Hard Rock sport. Age ?? But cantis so post U brakes which my '89 Giant had. 7 speed shifters intergral to brakes. Biopace chainset.
Very original and good for year except some marks on chainstays. Old but not original Tioga tyres and a Turbo saddle which is period but better than the bike I reckon. Concievably even the brakes blocks are original. Rides nicely. Was about to weld disc bosses on and turn it into a Monstercross but maybe it has some value. Any ideas people. Ta

I have a set of GT HADLEY hubs (with the loud noice). Migt willing to sell but have no idea what it's worth.

GT%20Hadley%20Scott.jpg

The rearhub is very nice red anodized, fronthub seems a little faded (no picture available).

Consider selling as hubset or as wheelset.

Set is with DT Swiss spokes and DT Swiss 4.1 black rims (like on picture).

Cheers,
Martin

DAVE LLOYD C.A.T.S. W.I.S.K.A.S.

hi folks

i am thinking of selling/swapping my old dave lloyd cats wiskas. i have hardly used it of late, the rear disc needs pads and i must get round to replacing the cable for the front mech. otherwise it works well

by the way it is the original bike as seen in the promo pics. i had the front end replaced by dave himself after a knock.

also have the rc30 rigid blades.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11436724@N03/

regards
iain

Mountain Goat Joule - any demand?

I'm interested to know if there's any demand for Mountain Goat Joules and if so what would be a sensible price?

The bike in question is a 17" 1995 Joule which I've owned since new. It's been through a few changes over the years (including one respray when the 'Joule' stickeres weren't avaialble any more). It's now built up with a mix of new and old parts, including Marzocchi Z2 forks, XTR V-brakes, Hope Ti rear hub, 8-sp XT and a load of more standard stuff.

This actual bike was imported by sShokwave in Nottingham and was used for a short test in one of the UK mags (I think MTB Pro August 95). It's in generally good condition but has a few scuffs and scrapes as any bike gathers over 15 years.

The dilemma is that I currently use it as a road bike (sorry!) with my 2000 Santa Cruz Bullit doing the muddy duties. What I really need is a road bike instead of the Joule, but aside from the residual emotional attachment to the Joule, I've really got no idea if it would sell for enough to justify selling it (would have to make a big dent in the cost of a road bike!).

I can't find much at all about sales of Joules (not sure if that's because they're rare, or just not as well regarded as the Whiskeytowns), so I would welcome peoples opinions on whether there is any demand for them, and if so, what kind of price one might fetch?

Thanks, Rich.

I'm sure there would be a demand for it and I think Pics would definately help price it..

Looking at the spec it might realise more if it were split and the parts sold off seperately.

Think a few on here inc myself would probably like to respray original colour (if not already) with decals and do a slightly more "period" type build.

Hope this helps a bit.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back