Retro shoes...!!

longendale

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all you fellow retro lovers...well, went out today and came back 'caked' in mud and gunk. Was just about to clean my Gaerbe Kobra's and had a thought...am i the only one with retro steed and shoes....? Anyway, here's a pic for you retro lovers...!

Does anyone else ride in retro footwear? :oops:

Attachments

• Gaerne kobra.jpg
    Gaerne kobra.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,526
Got a pair of Nike Poo-Bahs. Bargain from e-bay and so well looked after that they can only have been used on road. Not any more tho, once I have replaced the cleats they are going to get so muddy!

nice...they must be a bugger to keep clean - what with then being suede an all...!

Not sure of the age of my Kobra's...think they must be 91/92....unfortunately i can't remember when i bought em...real comfy though. :D

Er... keep clean? The first pair I had brushed off when they were dry but were never that clean. Got them around '94-'95 and they lasted about 6 years before the soles came away from the uppers.

er...sorry :oops: I tend to just wipe my down and there done! ;) But suppose that was the beauty of these retro shoes - apart from the luminous colours..!! :shock:

If 96/7 counts. I'm still regularly using my Diadora Euro shoes in sparkling orange, yellow and blue. have them in both road and MTB version. Impossible to wear out!

Best shoes I ever had were those blue and pink Sidi cross shoes with the bolt-on plastic cleat thingy with studs. Foolishly tried to drill the sole for spds and they ended up in the bin :oops:

Back