Morvélo / Retrobike Fat Tire Flyer Collaboration T-shirt

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Everyone likes Old School and none more so than Retrobike and Morvélo Bicycle Apparel. Fat Tire Flyer was the original mountainbike magazine co-founded in 1980 by one of the pioneers of Mountain Biking Charlie Kelly. It's pages contain classic imagery of early off-road action and this cover from May/June 1984, a bike pile after one of the customary early April "Derby's" in Marin County, sums up the care free and fun loving attitude of the time.

Retrobike and Morvélo liked it some much they got in contact with Charlie Kelly to see if they could run a limited edition t-shirt of it. Not only did he say yes, but he also re-scanned in the cover of the original for them to use. His fee? "Just make sure you send me one of the t-shirts!" he said. Still a legend.

Just 100 of the t-shirts have been hand-printed onto Morvélo's customary high quality soft cotton tees. The shirts will be available to purchase on the Morvélo stand at Mountain Mayhem. Following this event the shirts are exclusively avilable from the Morvélo online store.

20100611morveloftf.jpg

Front

20100611morveloftfback.jpg

Rear detail

For those of us who can't get to Mountain Mayhem is there a way of getting one before they run out??

andrewl":1amc8q19 said:
For those of us who can't get to Mountain Mayhem is there a way of getting one before they run out??

Seconded! If anyone is willing to snag one for me and post out it would make me very happy

If you definitely want one then PM me with size I'll try pick up the shirts for you.

Jango bought one for me at MM. They are a quality item indeed. Thank you CK for the inspiration.

Back