What was my bike?!

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
its been nagging me for years now so i thought id ask
i used to have a blue bmx whcih i got from my brother (i was about 8 so 12ish years ago and howeve long my bro had it for :roll: )
it was blue, dont remember any names, it had amberwall tyres, a quill stem and the handlebar 'brace/crossbar' was a vshape (as opposed to straight)
i think the tubes were quite flat ovalised shape (not round, but i could be dreaming :? ). i was told it was a racing type bmx. it had holes in the seat (plastic) and possibly a layback seatpost
i dont really remember much else (it didnt have mags...)
so can you help? :D

might help to know how old you are now and how much older your brother is, I remember raleigh were into ovalised tubing with their higher end burners, but I'm no expert.

ok, so the bike is probably early to mid 90's but as that rules out burners my knowlege base for bmx is exhausted :) hopefully someone else can help

It sounds like the later generation Burners.
I think even the low-end ones had ovalized tubing of some sort.

And they made loads of them in blue & yellow.
All the other details (tires, bars) fit.

It could also be any number of similar bikes from that era, but Burners dominated the budget market in the UK at the time of v-braced bars and quill stems.

that was my initial thought but going by cyfa's brothers age I don't think it will be old enough, unless of course his brother got it second hand/old stock.

You don't happen to have the serial number written down anywhere? or even old photos of the bike :)

The Ken":34wwufuj said:
that was my initial thought but going by cyfa's brothers age I don't think it will be old enough, unless of course his brother got it second hand/old stock.

I thought the same.
But going by the description of the bars, seat, stem and tires, it's quite old. (except I think they changed the bars to a straight brace on the MK2 burner frames with the funny tubing).

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/raleigh/31343

no pictures or anything
that link i think is most likely it :D
my bro had the bike for a few years so could very wel have been old stock
that multi colour bmx sticker looks right think and the levers/clamps
if these were stock then its probably one of them :D :D :D
any ideas on a rough price of the same one now?

Back