British Call Centres

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Very off topic this but:-
I'm just about to move house and change my telephone/internet supplier........and apart from a good deal :) I want a company that hasn't moved 3000 jobs to Dehli or wherever.
Had a quick search to find a site that lists companys that only use British call centres, but couldn't find one. Do you know of one?
Cheers
Carl
PS Did find out that the bank I use, HSBC, is moving 4000 jobs abroad. Guess I'll be switching banks too.

Harryburgundy":68420ucd said:
Very off topic this but:-
I'm just about to move house and change my telephone/internet supplier........and apart from a good deal :) I want a company that hasn't moved 3000 jobs to Dehli or wherever.
Had a quick search to find a site that lists companys that only use British call centres, but couldn't find one. Do you know of one?
Cheers
Carl
PS Did find out that the bank I use, HSBC, is moving 4000 jobs abroad. Guess I'll be switching banks too.

Not sure bout phone suppliers. Have been using BT who are meant to have call centres abroad, but whenever I 've rang up I've never noticed.

HSBC-wise, they've had foreign call centres for a few years now. They blocked my card one night after I had been on a spending spree. Rang up the PREMIUM RATE number as that's the only way to get hold of them, and spend forty minutes on my mobile at whatever crazy figure a minute to someone who couldn't understand me. The line was bloody awful and I couldn't hear a thing. After being passed round three times I was finally told it was a 'security' measure as I had been making lots of different transactions in lots of different places. Isn't that what you do when shopping...?!

I was out having drinks at the time and luckily girlburning was out to cover the rounds or I'd have been stuffed...

Plenty more 'They're G*ts!' experiences with HSBC, but that is the only one relevant to the call centre topic...!

Totally agree with BB - Ive had an awful load of experiences with HSBC of recent. Ive been with them for more than 12 years and in the last 12 months I keep getting my card blocked - it takes ages for them to get their finger out their ass and Im sick of talking to people i cant understand. Most of the card gets blocked due to internet usage - as BB says - er...its my money and i can do what I want! HSBC seem to be a little scared of the use of normal DD account cards being used online (or they just dont like you spending YOUR money).

I think it must be down to insurance - credit cards probably have a better back up for banks as opposed to DD Maestro cards being used fraudently etc...

The scripts they read out on the blinkin screen are useless and its constantly "we're ever so sorry mister hammond".

Im switching to Alliance and Leicester. Best rates apparantly and also good service too. And you get a free 50 quid.

jez-2-many-bikes":1h904uns said:
Im switching to Alliance and Leicester. Best rates apparantly and also good service too. And you get a free 50 quid.

Yep. I'm switching to Nationwide. Absolutely the last straw was on Thursday gone. Went to withdraw money from RBS cash machine. Card swallowed. WTF! Went in to RBS and told they couldn't do anything as not their card and would have to go see HSBC. Lunch time and queue was massive. Called back in at three and had to make an appointment despite explaining I was at work and didn't have half an hour to faff around. Saw someone and explained what had happened. Was then asked if they could have my card to access account info. DOH!

Anyway turns out the card wass swallowed as I hadn't been in to see them for a while. Excuse me? Yes Sir, it's a precautionary measure. You haven't been into your branch for some time now so a block was put on your card for security purposes as we didn't know who may have had your card.

Well I had my card you dumb f*ck! WTF! you block my card because I haven't been into my branch! I haven't needed to come into my branch!

Ten days for a replacement card. Couldn't do a counter withdrawl as I didn't have my chequebook on me (don't tend to carry it round unecessarily...).

What a bloody joke.

Bye bye HSBC. It's been emotional.

What strikes me as amusing is that having a UK call centre is actually a selling point. People used to be angry about even having to speak to them.

On the banking side of things, The Royal Bank of Scotland are fantastic. You actually get a number for your branch and they answer the phone and everything. The other day my branch called and told me they had reviewed my acount and could save me an extra £10 a month :shock:

The Nationwide could never spell my name write :evil: told them 4 times. Gave up. All banks are very much a much ness to me. if your rich they love you. My soon to be ex works for Barclays. And she and i certainly wouldn't recommend those F**ks
But they all know that in modern times is hard to live with out them and its getting harder.
The Co-Op bank has UK call centres. Don't know of any ISP that use UK centres.

My ISP is Virgin, and they definately have call centres outside the UK. Their technical support line is an 0845 number, ie not free, and you can't understand them when you do get through.

Would not recommend Virgin. And thats not something you'll hear me say very often.

Russell":3n9419dw said:
Would not recommend Virgin. And thats not something you'll hear me say very often.

On the other hand, i would. Virgin Broadband is great, but their TV service is not.

Back