Kilmarnock day out- Sunday 20th pictures to entice

All depends your definition of a long run. I will be on a SS and need to be not too knackered on Monday so not up for a full blown epic :roll:

might be a yad to far, I will get some idea of distance today and let you know, might be more fun to blast round crawfurdland a couple of times anyway.

Out today and the trails are very dry and just about perfect I would recommend a bit of bounce (helps out over the dry and hard roots and ruts ) and gears if it is as hot as today was, but your call really.

Single speed and bounce is about the best I can do after I lost the plot with the seatpost shim on the Mary and reduced it to scrap with the aid of a large hammer and screwdriver :oops:

Ach well, wanted a new seatpost with a bit of layback for it anyway. Every cloud and all that...

Gazz, are your family prepared for your 'special internet biking friends' and their strange ways?

what size post do you need, sure one of us will have something? And with your sizeable thighs SS should be a breeze anyway.

remember they have already seen kaiser so don't think anything can scare them now ;)

velomaniac":s15jc82n said:
All depends your definition of a long run. I will be on a SS and need to be not too knackered on Monday so not up for a full blown epic :roll:

I estimate it to be about 25-28km round trip up to the farm and back, not really exciting mountain biking but a nice run up and some nice views? We can see how folks are feeling on the day.

clockworkgazz":v2i1x7nj said:
what size post do you need, sure one of us will have something? And with your sizeable thighs SS should be a breeze anyway.
Already sorted/bodged... The Mary has a weird non-standard internal diameter for the seat tube (something around 33mm), which means that a standard shim is no good - I've picked up a 27.2 -> 32.8 USE shim that fits pretty well, so that should do the trick.

I'm ready to go, DB Topanga ready to roll, sorry Mark not going rigid afterall as still a few tweaks needed before Strathpuff :roll:

Hoping I'm travelling with RobMac but so far its gone quiet from his end, scoot can be quickly readied though if need be.

looks a good weekend for it ;)

Still no fur me :cry: Have a good one lads and don't let any of Gazz's kids bite you.

Back