Warwickshire

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Who on here lives in Warwickshire? There seems a large number of folk to my mind and thought it would be interestsing to see how many and if there was any kind of correlation between the bikes owned...!

From knowledge:

John
Jez
Gump
RichardF

I know that JustBackdated lived in Warwick at some point before moving to Yorkshure and I lived there for a few years when I was younger.

Bike wise it sort of tells a story - we must have all lusted for the same things BITD...

John, Jez and me all have a Klein (Jez has had about 10 I think...!)

John, Jez and me all have a Pace. Just backdated left Warwick to go and work for Pace...

Richard and John (I think) both have a DynaTech

Jez and Gump both have a Rocky Altitude

John and Jez both have a FAT (or two)

Anyway, you see where I'm going with this and just thought it'd be a bit of fun whilst I'm bored on a Saturday, cos like a tit I forgot there was no F1 qualifying on today as it's in Turkey next week which means a 3 week changeover...

I've just noticed before how many people on here live in Warwickshire is all. I remember BITD that there was a large contingent of folk all out of a weekend and that MTBing really took off in the Midlands. There were some good rides locally. Was it the same everywhere else? Would have thought there'd be more people from Bristol or Sheffield or the Lakes and places like that...

Anyway. Someone else's turn now...

Hey, I have only lived here for 7 years!

My BITD bike stuff was all in south devon.

I have a Fat too. Just sold my Pace. Want a Klein (and would have had a lush one if it wasn't for that meddling...grrr...)

Bit concerned though BB, are you some kind of stalker? ;)
Theres a couple of guys in Brum too, so quite a retro contingent within a few miles :)
This is the hub of uk retro. innit.

I'm from the chavy part of Warickshire (Coventry), have been all my life (for my sins).

I recently nearly bought a Pace... but alas something else caught my eye...

...An Amp Research B4 complete with F4 forks and D1 disks! :shock: Mr postman should be delivering her early next week! :D

BITD I always rode with Amp forks and loved them, my parents wouldn't buy me an Amp frame though. Now I'm a big boy and have my own money I just couldn't say no! It's my first retro project and I'm very excited!

Definately! I'll be needing to source suitable retro components too so I'm sure I'll be posting a shopping list at sometime, see if anyone can help me out.

I worked in Rugby for 14 months - the place that is, not the sport :LOL:

14 months was enough (in fact 12 was enough!) and i quit the 'dirty, dirty Midlands' and ran back down South as fast as my then rep-mobile would carry me. :twisted: ;) :LOL:

It's slightly ironic that so many nice bikes are in an area with possibly the least bridleways or decent mtb'ing in the UK! Although I must admit I'm a relative newbie to warwickshire as I'm originally from Nottingham and that was my BITD home :) Riding a Raleigh...of course!

but yes, it is spooky how so many forum members seem to live in the same place!

Don't live in Warwickshire, but hey Gump which part of South Devon did you come from? Did a lot of riding around Totnes/Dartington in the early nineties.

Back