Show us your BREEZER

Hmmm, now I want a Breezer frame...

I DO have a NOS Hite Rite tho, still wondering how I'm going to fit it to my Yeti 575!

I reckon the Hite Rite is due for a relaunch as there's a gap in the market for an affordable dropping seatpost.

JB, check your inbox!

Bushpig wrote there were 9 of the first Series of Breezers built, but there were actually 10 of the first generation Breezers. Then there were 25 of the second gen. built, and about 50 of a third generation which were basically the same as the second gen. with minor differences in the tubing. The last one was built in 1985.

Deveron53":3kz0v5pa said:
Hmmm, now I want a Breezer frame...

I DO have a NOS Hite Rite tho, still wondering how I'm going to fit it to my Yeti 575!

I reckon the Hite Rite is due for a relaunch as there's a gap in the market for an affordable dropping seatpost.

JB, check your inbox!

Right what's not to like about a lightweight $30 seat dropper. But I can't say I've let the world know, of late.

Most all new bikes use a separate seatpost clamp, your 575 included, but this should not pose a problem. You'll need to get a clamp designed for a 6mm skewer or modify yours. The trick is to secure the clamp to the frame.

In the photo you'll see a small screw opposite the slot (BTW, this is not actually a clamp with 6mm skewer hole). That is a #6-32tpi x 3/16"-long dog-point set screw. Drill the clamp opposite the slot with a #36 drill (7/64" might suffice) and tap it with a 6-32 tap. Slip the clamp onto the seat tube. Screw in the set screw (or grind another 6-32 to a point) to mark the seat tube. Remove clamp to reveal where to drill. Drill with 3/32" drill. Assemble.

Oh, and yes, you might need an oversize ring clamp if your seatpost is over Ø27.2mm. I've got those in two sizes: Ø28.2 to 30.0mm and Ø30.2mm to 32.0mm.

Hey, I'll be in the UK soon: Snowshill Manor (Cotswolds) Veteran Cycle Display, June 26th, 12-4pm. Come on down and I can just hand you this stuff. Maybe we can grab a pint afterwards.

-Joe

Attachments

• 09FujiDSRsleeveHRm5.jpg
    09FujiDSRsleeveHRm5.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,254
are you only staying for that week end ?

shame you dont come near london in the week , would be really nice to meet you .

Deveron got me looking through the archives for Hite-Rite images. I found these from a Mush Emmons photo shoot at the Industrial Building Center in Sausalito. This is a 1983 Breezer Series 2. Most all were nickel plated. This one is chrome plated, then painted by Bernie Mikkelsen.

First, the Hite-Rite photos. Josh Angell and I came up with the idea in 1982. This one is an early version with a clamp I made from aluminum bar stock. Later clamps were of die-stamped stainless. The brake housing should really be on the other side of the post.

-Joe

Attachments

• 83BrzHiteRiteDown5m.jpg
    83BrzHiteRiteDown5m.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,248
  • 83BrzHiteRiteUp5m.jpg
    83BrzHiteRiteUp5m.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,248
1983 Breezer Series 2. BTW, the difference between S1 and S2 is only that the Head tube and seat tube collars are visible on S1. S2 HTs are oversize and bored out for most of the middle, like most good BBs.

Oh, and on Series 2 frames I also made the stem. I sweated a stub into the steerer for a very direct connection. I then silvered a Swiss 10 centime coin in the top of the steerer tube.

That's me in Mush Emmons' ICB studio. Looks like I rode my Triumph over there.

Photos by Mush, who is actually coming over today. Gonna work on a tripod mount I made for his Norton back in the day. He'll get a kick out of these.

-Joe

Attachments

• 83BrzEmmonsStudio5m.jpg
    83BrzEmmonsStudio5m.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,292
  • 83BreezerStem5m.jpg
    83BreezerStem5m.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,291
  • 83BreezerDTm5.jpg
    83BreezerDTm5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,292
  • 83BreezerBike5m.jpg
    83BreezerBike5m.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,293
Joe;

is that fork crown a Cunningham/Potts version, or your own creation?

Cool color combo of that blue with chrome!

This arrived in the post today :D

1992 Storm.......

DSCN1215.jpg

Been looking for one for a while and this came up, right size, in May. Mainly original DX and XT components. Previous owner had it since new and its been well used and well looked after :D

I'll change the brakes, lose the bar ends and make a few small alterations then get out there and get durty :D

Now - where can I source some "Storm" decals for the top tube?

Oh - and Triumphs, Nortons and Breezers in one thread - divine. :cool:

Jeroen":klan5m8s said:
Joe;
is that fork crown a Cunningham/Potts version, or your own creation?
Cool color combo of that blue with chrome!

The two arch-crown halves were made by Cunningham/Potts. 4130 cro-moly tubing.

I had drawn up my uni-crown fork design in 1980, and had given it to Fisher to take to Japan, but good quality versions were not available yet.

-Joe

Back