Confused !

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hay kids, Some of you have had dealings with me on one or two choice items, you know who you are.
There is one thing that i dont understand, i have had a nos dekerf team st up for sale for 300 gbp and not a nibble, am i missing something? Should i be asking more or do people have a problem with Chri Dekerfs work?
Dont get me wrong i will happily keep it. The lounge wall looks bare any way.

Cheers, Al puzzled cornwall.

I'm new here so don't know you but must admit I was a little suprised it hadn't been snapped up :? if it had been a little smaller I'd grab your hand off :)

Al

I'd have thought that it would have gone very easily but maybe either the price is a little high (I'm not saying that it is mind) or it's not taken anyones fancy.

Depends on how desperate you are to sell of course - if you can wait hold onto it but if you need space/cash then drop the price a little or go via the lottery that is eBay

Best of luck

Ed

PS I have had a dozen nibbles on my Merckx frame and forks (not all from here) and even got as far as checking postage costs to Sweden but it still remains with me!

Ask Jez about un-sold frames. His boulder has had 3 price drops and still un-sold (i think its the colour) I don't think £300 is too high for peace of quality workmanship. But then what do i know?

Cheers kids! No i dont need to sell anything, im bloody loaded. I just thought someone may enjoy riding it as much as i have looking at it.

Cheers, Uncle Al. Swimming in dirty cash, Cornwall.

:LOL: ok Al.

I will REALLY enjoy riding the SL. Love Chris' work. Especially the early Rocky Mountain era, so would appreciate the craft that has gone into the frame. As you clearly don't need the cash, £200 would be lovely thanks :D

I had a quick chat with Jez, and came to the conclusion that retro or older FS bikes rarely seem to fetch the cash or seem as desirable. Perhaps as a softail it is a bit of a niche pitch anyway, and then an old school niche needs the right person to come along.

Good luck though. Would make a nice and interesting project.

Dekerf

Being an experienced E-bayer (seller and buyer) people don't shell out as much money during the summer as during the autumn or spring. If you re-list it a month from now you may get some offers. Why don't they buy during the summer? I'm guessing that, like me, they have a full schedule of activities and so the pool of buyers is a lot smaller.

Back