Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Very nice Chris.

Might as well show my recent acquisition:

IMG_3766.jpg

NIce acquisition Coomber. What frame size is that so I can enviously think that it would fit someone 5'11" nicely- about 20"?

I also like the Ladeez Saracen peviously and the detailing of the through top tube.

Iwasgoodonce":3jy1ponk said:
XTSTIMAN":3jy1ponk said:
I know Saracen finished their frames in the UK, would love to know if the used an external powdercoater to do do their frames, as the finish on the '92-98 frames is so stunning. :D

Probably did it in house :cry:

The first UK bikes to be powder coated I believe. I would really like to see the 1990 catalogue.

The first mountain bikes to be made in the UK were powder coated. They were made by Cleland Cycles near Aylesbury from 1982 to late 1984. The first Saracens appeared in early 1984 and were enameled.

Is that a 1997? If so there's a great article in the archive section comparing to the Kona Kilauea :D

Hello folks -

thought I'd post a pic on here as there are some real cracking Saracen pics on this thread. I havent trailed each page, so I'm hoping I'm not duplicating someone elses efforts here.

I have 2 Saracen Sahara Limited Edition bikes which I got back in 1996 (I think?). Both are in excellent condition, though I think I've just knocked the Ballistic Stratos forks on one and its gone a bit pear shaped - cant complain about its service time though lol!! Anyone recommend replacement forks??? Suggestions most welcome.

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

Cheers,
Marky

Back