Show us your BREEZER

james_jc":3qct97cz said:
My 1997 Breezer Lightning:

breezer.jpg

For my girlfriend , a 1997 Breezer Storm (to do..)

storm01.jpg

Hi James,

Thanks for posting your two '97 Breezers, one steel, one aluminum. John (The Guv'nor) asked me about my Breezer D'fusion tubing. 1997 was my first year with it, and these bikes are examples. D'fusion tubes have a D-shaped cross section for key points on the frame. I had been working it out for years, including drawings I made for Easton in 1991. The most key point is that Achilles Heel under the down tube at the head tube. D'fusion diffuses the Achilles "hot spot" across the flat of the D (imagine it sideways, flat side down). Per DT diameter, this is the most effective way to strengthen the frame here. The D has its moments elsewhere on the frame too.

James, thanks also for your Breezer bike compendium web site.

-Joe

I am nearly ready to start putting this together. It is a Series II, circa 1982.

brezzer-crown.jpg

And here is how the original owner rode it.

brezzer-fixerupper.jpg

Since most of these bikes are older than I am, I feel a little out of place– but what the heck, it's an awesome thread. :D

It said I needed to have one post before I can reply to posts, so, uh, here it is.

TB

bduc61":3kmq1w93 said:
in the breezer family I ask for the "boy" ;)

this jet stream 94 in 17' built for one of my boys
not so tricky a build as I was lucky and got the bike very close to catalog
only the tyres, grips and pedals are not original

I confess that its not ridden much as the youngster prefers a front suspended bike but still an old school steel one ! :LOL: ( Sunn 5000 max 1996 )

IMG_2815.jpg

Wow, I've got a '94 Jet Stream that looks very similar to that. It's got a rigid fork, Ritchey tires, and old school XTR. I rode it to school for many years before getting a Jet Stream frame that was bigger. The picture looks great, I have to say your son's in better condition than my own.

TB

eastcoaststeve":33no8p7u said:
Here's one for my fellow odd balls:

Rescued from inner city trailer duty. It was an absolute mess when I got it, covered in silver roof paint and decked out in Altus junk...

Couldn't help giving it the trials treatment, hope Joe doesn't mind ;)

breezerdone3.jpg

cheers,

Steve

Okay, that is awesome. I'm officially stealing the beam off our beamer when my dad's not looking.

Oh wait, he can see this. "never mind"

TB

bushpig":3ka3lwd2 said:
I am nearly ready to start putting this together. It is a Series II, circa 1982.

brezzer-crown.jpg

And here is how the original owner rode it.

brezzer-fixerupper.jpg

Sweet frame Noah, what are your plans for the build? Is the gold paint original? (I like it a lot :cool: )

Steve

I am collecting a spec kit so it will be per the catalog. The paint is redo after the down tube was replaced by Joe.

bushpig":2a7tiqgr said:
I am nearly ready to start putting this together. It is a Series II, circa 1982....

brezzer-fixerupper.jpg

WOW!
I think I have a new Retrobike favorite.
Somebody please find me one of those fillet-brazed Breezers with a box-crown fork.

Can trade for my collection of vastly inferior bikes & also some small children. They don't eat much & they're good at cleaning bikes :D

I think that there were 9 Series Is, 30 Series IIs and 0 Series IIIs built so tough to find. There are only 2 Series IIs in 18 and this is one. It was actually local, a NorCal dude who moved back to the Upper West Side. It was mentioned in an eBay post for some brake levers and some discussion later, I picked it up.

The paint isn't original - it was nickel plated. The original owner rode the bike hard and cracked the down tube on a rock in Central Park. He sent it back to Joe for repair and had it painted once the repair was done.

So you're saying is there IS a chance of finding another one...? :cool:

OK... scratch that dream :roll: :LOL:
Thanks, though, for the additional info on the bike & the various series.
Looking forward to seeing it re-built.

Back