At last, got me hands on an Intense M1

Yes that belonged to a member on here. Going to France that one!
I have one already but want an early one for the wall. :cool:

To be honest i can't believe how cheap you can pick up early DH frames, these are what i could never afford 10 year ago, and to pick up a original finish/decals frameset for £130.....mental, but i'm not complaining.
Want to build it with parts i have which are 98-99, so its gonna be pretty much period, White bros ud150,s, hope big uns built on Sunn mammoth,Chris King, etc, etc......
Still not totally sure on the exact year, i was thinking it was 98 ??

Also, looks like i need a 12mm axle conversion for the big un hub.
Do any of you guys know what brake mount i need to run a No3 pro series hope calliper on this frame.(same brakes as whats on that Kawasaki intense picture i posted)and can you buy the rear dropout adjusters anywhere??

Curly68, lovin your old red 98 intense, sweet......

Thanks

I think it's pretty crazy to put a working fine frame like the polished one on a wall. I bid on that too.

You would be better off selling that frame to me and buying a slightly newer one!! ;) :cool:
They used to have chain tugs to reduce the axle size down to 9mm. If I remember correctly, the disc size was an odd one and I had to get a custom sized disc made from Hope.
Try the Intense forum over on MTBR. Very helpful and knowledgable over there!

Ok, its been a while, but finally got it up and running and out out for a bit play to see if everything runs OK.Needs a few tweaks to get it to work with the 24" wheelset,but feels good and great to be back on a DH bike after a long spell out of riding these things...........I've tried to keep it oldschool ,era correct best i can............
98 Intense M1
Chris King Headset
White Bros UD150's (modified with DH2 components after bending the original legs back in 99)
XTR components
MRP chain device
Sun 24" Doublewide rims on Hope big uns
Hope C2 pro Brakeset
etc, etc............
(Thanks to Pistola for the pics)

20110503_0042.jpg

20110503_0132.jpg

20110503_0092.jpg

20110503_0162.jpg

The SL is earlier and has horizontal dropouts and v-brake mounts. The linkage is also made from 2 plates. My one has the linkage plates made from one piece billet and "normal" vertical dropouts.

My 1998 (?) Intense M1

Hey guys.

I've been searching all over for somewhere to get this thing onto! I'm glad to have finally found what I hope will be a one stop shop for various things...

Basically, about a year ago I bought this M1 with a view to building it up and using it as a weekend plaything. I got started on various bits and pieces, but then along came another project bike and this kind of lost it's way.

So, I have been thinking of selling it, but knowing what these bikes are like to those in the know, I wanted to post it up and get firstly some thoughts, and secondly an idea of whether selling is a viable option.

Kit list:-

1998 (I think) Intense M1 SL frame in bare aluminium
Fox Vanilla R rear shock
Marzocchi Junior T forks (not particularly retro, but they work and were on it when I got it!)
Hope C2 brakes front and rear
Mavic rims on Hope Bigun (rear with original 155mm disc) and Hope Pro2 (front)
Shimano XT rear mech and cassette
Currently no cranks - bent the ones that were on it and replaced with uber modern Shimano Saints with one eye on the future transfer! See before and after photos.
Azonic riser bars and an unknown stem out of an FSA headset.

I know it's not de rigeur to post this sort of thing here, but I figured experts in the area of Intense M1s are more likely to know the market etc, and it's always nice to post pics up to hear thoughts!

Attachments

• 139.JPG
    139.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,717
  • 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 2,716
Back