Giant NRS project (New Pics Added) UPDATED AGAIN

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hey all, i've had my Giant NRS for a while now and decided it looks a bit tired and faded. So i've decided to re-spray it and then re-build it using bits i want. So far i've taken out all the bearings and stripped most of the frame. Once i've finished doing this do i need to rub it down? If so with what grain? My local sprayers are going to primer it and spray it up. My local sign writters are going to make me some new decals too. This is how it started off.

Attachments

• NRS.jpg
    NRS.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 6,790
I have an MK2 NRS. Currently have a 2005 NRS-3 frameset which I bought as new complete bike for pocket money (and ditched the components) after I sold my 2005 NRS Air Carbon Composite frameset.

The carbon bike felt more "lively" than the alloy, despite having the same rear triangle (except carbon rockers) and shock. Sold it as I needed the cash :(

My NRS-3 frame has the AluxX 6061 main triangle, yours looks like the frameset only / NRS-1 which has the AluxX SL 6013 main triangle, which assume is a bit lighter than mine.

I look forward to the project! They are really really good XC / trail bikes, I have mine set up with a REBA front fork.

I was gonna just keep it built up and have it as my run about, but i've started liking it more and more. Anyone know where.who do bearings? I'd rather not pay Giants prices :?

Right, well been a bit busy but i've now got round to stripping the paint off the frame.

Attachments

• NRS BARE 1.JPG
    NRS BARE 1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 6,626
I was, but i've had a custom paint made for me and decals that will go well with the paint. I'll post some more pics up on Friday if i get time before the footy :LOL:

I'm planning to get my NRS powder coated Ral 5024.

However mine is an NRS-3 frame, the 6013 main triangle. I think I might look out for a 6061 frame like yours before going ahead.

Back