Slingshot MT3 (1993)

Sweet Slingshot!

Thats a very nice set up! I've always wanted to try a slingshot with a rigid fork. Does it feel rear-bobbish when you accelerate?

Thanks for all the compliments guys. ;)

I just wanted to say that this is a fast bike, once you used to it.
When you start, there is a lot of energy going into the frame because it flexes a lot. But when you get it going there is no stopping.
You are getting in a kind of rhythm that you will not stop.

The steering is not so pin point as a rigid frame (a little bit on the slow side), but it corrects steering faulty's.

The next step for me is to mount a Pace RC-31 C-type short version 1 inch forks with a Ringle stem.
The fork is waiting to arrive (waiting from the end february. :( .... .) and the (black) Ringle Zooka stem is allready mine.

Special note for Jezz:
Sorry i am not selling this bike.

slingshot with ringle

hi michiel,

Nice slingshot!
Will you post an updated picture once you've put on the ringle stem?

(Hee, that stem sounds familiar to me... :) Did you find the trail in Lage Vuursche when you picked it up? You had a real nice Merlin with you!)

_________
Ride on!

Re: slingshot with ringle

obi-wan-mtb":23vukl0o said:
hi michiel,

Nice slingshot!
Will you post an updated picture once you've put on the ringle stem?

(Hee, that stem sounds familiar to me... :) Did you find the trail in Lage Vuursche when you picked it up? You had a real nice Merlin with you!)

_________
Ride on!

Hi Marcel,

Nice meeting you here.
Yes i found the trail in Lage Vuursche: it was really nice, but the weather was bad (lots of rain that day).

I will post a photo when the Slingshot is equipped with the Ringle stem.
But thats goinig to ta a long time i think, because i am still waiting for the Pace fork to arrive.

Back