The Vitus 979 - an update

Looks good, and I agree with the views on the construction aesthetic (well, I have an Alan, so I would...)

Are these fairly stiff to ride?

And will it be decalled or stealth???

fingers":2qqlp5lm said:
Looks good, and I agree with the views on the construction aesthetic (well, I have an Alan, so I would...)

Are these fairly stiff to ride?

And will it be decalled or stealth???

pigman":2qqlp5lm said:
not exactly cheap are they?
If I remember correctly, vitus frames didnt have any original vitus transfers. Frames were either ridden bare, or were sometimes an after factory fit made by other manufacturers, eg peugeot. A uk pro team even rode them with Coventry eagle stickers.

If you really want stickers cos you think it looks bare, and as youre a peugeot fan, Peugeot stickers would be a goer. If you want to google a looksee for peugeot, I reckon early Robert Millar times (I know he rode Vitus carbon later). Also Sean kelly won paris roubaix on them, but cant remember how they were badged up.

I've built a couple of Vitus over the last few years... sold mine as it was just too small :cry: girlfriend will NEVER sell the one I built her - awesome frames, iconic. Love them, even started a Facebook group about them!

well, here it is after a few rides with JM's excellent 600 groupset, a couple of tweaks and I'm pleased

Attachments

• Vitus update.jpg
    Vitus update.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 4,828
I like it, very much :D

especially the black rim/tyre combo in black looks spot on and correspond well with the saddle :cool:

now I know how my VITUS 979 build could look like - I would use another bar tape ;)

I raced a vitus for a few years and also had a carbon version,great frames they soak up the bumps and are very comfortable.I have seen a few front drop outs fall out though with harsh prolonged use

Back