Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, im real new here and basically found out about the Website through a recent purchase of mine.
I recently bought a '95 Saracen Tufftrax from a guy posting on here and Gumtree, i paid £70 for the bike in good condition and am happy because i've always wanted a Saracen since '97 when i had a Rufftrax (loved that Bike) but i was young and frivolous and i cannot even remember what happened to it.
Anyway, i love the site and some of the pics, it really brings back some memories.

ps. This was my first post http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Really looking for Cream or Orange tires...

This is the bike i bought -

Attachments

• HPIM4093.jpg
    HPIM4093.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,942
Hi All,

been browsing the site for some time now looking for a few ideas for my kona lava dome 1997. So what do you think? Any comments would be greatly appreciated as the missus is "ambivalent" about it!

Hi everybody,

How did I stumble across this forum?
I was searching the net for what a 1993 Marin Eldridge Grade is as there was one on for sale on the local gumtree.

I acquired it for 30 pound (and had ~18" 1994 Kona AA frame thrown in. Any one got a Kona B rear gear hanger for sale?) although I'm now seriously wandering if it is FUBAR rather than still good going as advertised.
(OK meanwhile discovered some rust holes in the bottom of the chain stay so definitely FUBAR)

It is a bit strange to have ended up in the MTB Section.
I have never owned one before (although I toured Sweden on a borrowed one for 2 weeks in the early 90s.)
Until now the prospect of going off road did not really appeal but having got those frames the idea started growing on me.

I was really looking for a road style tourer but just could not get comfortable on any of them tourers (Revolution Country Traveller and Ridgeback voyage) and flat bar racers I tried. The super galaxy was not too bad. I'm also reluctant to spend £700 for bike I will have to keep outside due to lack of space.

So 30quid for a once $1000 bike that is still good going seemed a good interim solution to ferry the kids around in their trailer. Too good to be true but this forum has inspired me and the idea/challenge of restoring the bikes to their former or somewhat modified glory really appeals to me.

I have never been into bikes as such so I know virtually nothing about bikes and even less about mountain bikes so the reason for joining the forum is to ask for lots of advice. Second hand touring/race/trekking bikes have been my major method of transport for the first 28 years of my life and I used to maintain and fix them myself so long as it did not need specialized tools. Looking forward to be back in the saddle after about 4-5 years cycling break due to my last bike being nicked. Just did not fancy the "fear for life and limb" factor that was associated with bike commuting on North Wales roads and too many other interests taking up my free time. So chose not to replace it until now. Now back in Edinburgh and with the kids culling logistically more challenging interests Biking with and without the kids in the trailer/child seat is on the agenda again.

On the road retro side of things I have now also acquired a Dawes Galaxy with a broken frame and an need to arrange picking up a galaxy frame from Manchester to transfer the components too...

OK, having bored you for far to long with a rather lengthy introduction, I shall be off and post some How to... questions later on.

Cheers
Stephan

Glad to have found RetroBike

Hi all

I found the forum through Google while I was looking for advice on adding sus-forks onto my '93 Cannondale M500 and my Joe Murray Cindercone from around the same time.

I've recently moved to central Portugal and the trails around here are great. The Maxxis Cup Downhill event is held in the town of Gouveia (5 mins from my farm) and I'm hoping to get some serious riding in this summer after a few years of having to work for a living.

I am looking for some advice on fork set up for the Cannondale - posted a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Ian

new bloke

hello people in my computer, i found this site while trying to find ways to reach mtb'ers to announce the theft of my san an a couple of weeks ago!!! :evil: it was chained up to my motorbike, out of site.
it had cannondale headshock usd triple's on it. blue rear hope hub, red azonic chubby bars, xtr, the only one that i'm aware of in the crawley, sussex area. so if any of you see a polished san an with a black swingarm in the crawley area, clobber the rider!!!
sanandreas.jpg

Hello!!!

You lot seem a nice friendly bunch and quite a few of you appear to have quite a collection of bikes.

Got a few myself, oldest being 1994 Saracen and youngest a 2007 Sepcialized.

Was a roadie for a while - time trials and stuff - but then saw the light and converted to off-roading.

Hi, just joined so wanted to introduce myself.
Live in the Midlands, 40 odd, got me bike out of 10 year storage a few months ago, getting some fitness back and fatness off.
Bike is a 93 Marin Eldridge Grade owned from new.
It's totally original apart from a few rear wheel spokes, brake blocks and saddle, only replaced a couple of weeks back as the cover was worn out. Nothing has ever broken despite being raced when new, and covering 1000s of road miles.
Didn't think anyone had any interest in these old bikes, then I found this website !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back