Herefordshire Road Ride - Saturday 24th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in

I'm up for it!

If anyone needs a lift from Bristol, I'll be heading up from there and happy to car share.

Mike

My rota says Im working...

As unlucky Alf says... Bugger.

However I will work on a swap and see if I can make it.

Ok chaps, a bit of radio silence from me on this but very much still on - I was up there last week and the combination of quiet roads and awesome views was, well, awesome.

It's a good ride on my own but even better with company. I've updated the list of confirmed riders and will try to do a bit of recruitment at MM.

Thought I would give this an evening bump and hopefully entice some more riders!!! :cool:

Also Just to put some minds at rest as I have spoken to people thinking of joining the ride, I too was feeling the same when invited to the same ride back in April... Hmmm road ride with the infamous Ededwards ...The man mountain ....Legs of Steel .... Fred Whitton vet .... SAS vet :shock: etc etc

Honestly if you have a road bike come along you will have a great day, the route is superb...Yes its challenging but only to yourself there is no pressure of a 30 mph peleton with plenty of catch up points :cool:

So what you waiting for ...get your names down

Finally, I have a spare 54cm bike if anyone wishes to attend but has no bike :shock: its a pride and joy but happy to lend to fellow retrobiker :shock:

After much too-ing and fro-ing, I cant make this... Ill never make it from Suffolk to the start point in 1 hour...

Damn. I even bought some lycra to match the beautiful machine :cry:

Only a few days to go now and I've updated the original post with the latest list of riders (can those with question marks against their names confirm whether they are 'in' or 'out') and the logistics for the day.

We do have permission to use the Village Hall carpark but there are Brownies camping in the field next door so try not to look too furtive when fumbling in your lycra with the Assos chamois creme.

Really looking forward to this, if it's half as good as yesterdays Forest of Dean ride then we're in for a top day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back