Show us your BREEZER

In 1982, I drew up the Breezer head badge with a nod to our roots: the soulful 1930s and 40s Schwinns, which we resurrected for a good time on Tam and Repack. The badge shares the same outline as the early Schwinn Excelsior head plates. With 1990s Breezers, I went a step further by adding the distinctive 1930s Schwinn-inspired "spear & diamond" paint jobs.

What became known as the Jet Stream was introduced in 1993 as the Breezer Hurricane. Schwinn (which was still owned by the family) objected as they owned the Hurricane name. We had to change all our catalogs.

After Interbike 1992, this "Hurricane" labeled bike was repainted as a Jet Stream and it was one of my personal bikes for years. Tim Parr (Swobo founder) is riding it on our '94 catalog cover and our Breezer poster. My son now uses this bike every day to get to school. Looks pretty similar, but a LOT more soulful.

BTW, Otis Guy built this frame as well as our other catalog frames. 1993 is the first model year with BreezeIn dropouts.

So, it's the 1990s. LOVE TO SEE YOUR VINTAGE BREEZER IRON!

-Joe

Attachments

• 93CatBreJetStream5m.jpg
    93CatBreJetStream5m.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 5,243
  • 93BreezerJetStream5m.jpg
    93BreezerJetStream5m.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 5,241
Fingers crossed, I should have a pretty original early 90's Storm winging its way to me soon. Transaction taking a while as we sort out postage/courier etc, but nearly there now :D

I anticipate it needing a bit of TLC, then I'll take it places like this instead of wifey's trusty Kona :roll:

EbayMay018.jpg

1500ft of downhill gravel track and sheep :LOL:

Great thread this - keep it rolling as a true history lesson :cool:

....and Mr Breeze - in case no-one's warned you yet - Stay Well Away from the "For Sale" section here! Really!! Once in - you're never out :twisted:

This Breezer Storm is in the hands of the same Velo Club Tamalpais member who now owns road bike JB003. He takes good care of it.

storm_01.jpg

Storm_04.jpg

storm_02.jpg

storm_03.jpg

storm_05.jpg

Nice gallery, i love my Breezer Jet Stream Singlespeed.

The Bike was ridden from Joe Breeze at the SSWC 2004 in Berlin.

Here are some pic`s.

3865889618_3f1e84eb47_b.jpg

3865105355_749f44770f_b.jpg

3034164277_19eedbe4cd_b.jpg

And the last one ... :D

2137230019_12a65c5141_b.jpg

Cheers Holger

Bought this '94 Storm as a n.o.s. frameset in '02. Build it up to this spec shortly after that:

323_1276454915.jpg

For the SSWC '04 in Berlin, I changed it to a singlespeed setup and tried out the WTB Dirt Drop bars. Was sold on those bars and have since set my mind on a dedicated Dirt Drop singlespeeder which I finished in '06 (titanium). The Storm never got rebuild to the first setup and in a wave of unclear reasoning I sold my Storm. It now is in loving custody somewhere in Germany.

Good memories, though, on and with the bike.

323_1276455505.jpg

HoHo":2612nfwj said:
Nice gallery, i love my Breezer Jet Stream Singlespeed.

The Bike was ridden from Joe Breeze at the SSWC 2004 in Berlin.

. . . Cheers Holger

That bike was the BOMB. Absolutely immaculate machine. Honored to be first to ride it for its singlespeed debut, through Berlin sand no less.
This old fart did his best to avoid the tattoo. ;)

Thanks again, Holger!

-Joe

Breezin":62a6m8a8 said:
That bike was the BOMB. Absolutely immaculate machine. Honored to be first to ride it for its singlespeed debut, through Berlin sand no less.

Thank´s, your always welcome to ride this bike again.

Breezin":62a6m8a8 said:
This old fart did his best to avoid the tattoo. ;)

Thanks again, Holger!

-Joe

:LOL: Oh my bad english, i had to take a look in my dictionary to know now what a "fart" is :LOL:

Berlin was a real great weekend, I will never forget the ride with you, one day before the race.

Greetings from Germany (email will follow) Holger

Two purple 1994 Storm singlespeeds: one owned by Jer in Cali, one owned by Jeroen in Holland. Aside from the Breezer Beamer in 94 and 95, we only offered purple in 94, on the Storm. Other one-year colors: 96 lime-ish green Storm. And along in there (94?), our German distributer Bike Action asked for a "blonde" Lightning for the Breezer/Schwalbe team.

Jeroen was way into his Deep Purple Storm. Lots of matching parts, even had matching jerseys made. This shot from Urs Rosenbaum (at Berlin SSWC04), now of RideBiz mag in Switzerland.

-Joe

Attachments

• 94BrzStormJeroen04UrsR5.jpg
    94BrzStormJeroen04UrsR5.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 5,007
Back