Kilmarnock day out- Sunday 20th pictures to entice

velomaniac":1vw0qcuh said:
In case the train must take the strain, are you anywhere near Kilmarnock Station, pm me your address please Gaz ;)

Cheers

Velo

Ignore this post, just checked my inbox :oops:

V are you needin a lift?

BTW this doesnt mean were goin steady or nuffin :roll:

Pics remind me of 'nam :shock:

Sure you'll get out ok or are there horrors lurking there?

:twisted:

It would be pushing it, its Fathers day and we have lunch in weegie.

i'd be interested in this but need to check the plans for next Sun? whereabouts are the trails you go to and what is the loop like? As I could probably bring down a few of the guys that come biking at the Carron Valley with me as well?

Cheers

Greig. :cool:

The trails are in the crawfurdland estate on the outskirts of kilmarnock/fenick- the loop is pretty much flat about 12km I think and lots and lots of roots, some nice trail features and lots of tight forest action, so if you like your trails technical then it's a great place. It is not officially open to the public so let us know the rough numbers you would bring as we should not go up mob handed for fear of being told to "get orf my land!"

Let me know if you can make it and I'll pm you my address.

probably only bring another 3 or 4 guys down, if we can all make it? Private land......... mmmmm we're in Scotland! No trespass laws??? So providing we're not damaging the land or harming livestock then all trails are free reign as far as i'm concerned and i've been biking 20 odd years and been through loads of land estates and never had any problems with access apart from when foot and mouth otubreak happened. So Private Land signs mean heehaw to me! LOL!!

It sounds very much like Drumlanrigg estate? don't know if you've been there? but killer tree roots and tight technical trails is the state of play down there!

I'll put the word out and see if anyone is up for it?

Greig. :

Yeah very much like the drum, just more on the level- less climbing ;)

yeah know what you mean but the land owners have built the trails with the help of walkers cycles down here (indeed rick from drum has been up and said he would help them develop it) they don't want it being over used for now as it is not well drained and lots of bikes means lots of repairs, softly softly catch the monkey if you get my drift.

Would be good to see you esp if you bring a spesh. Might try and get my M2 sorted for then.

Rick's a good lad! Used to do quite a bit of biking with him back in the day!! When he was just an Orange agent from his house!! Still kicked his ass on my Cannondale though!!! :LOL: :LOL:

But yes i can understand if they're still developing it, that is unfortunately now the problem of Mabie Forest, it's a victim of it's own success??

Rick is now moving back to more natural trails with less man made stuff? Which to be honest is what we used to ride and that's what Mabie/Forest of Ae/ Dalbeatie et al were all about, then 7 stanes came on board and although i think it's done a lot for the sport and also for local tourism and economies in Scotland, I still love the original natural trails.

I'll certainly have a chat with everyone on our Thurs night biking night and see who's up for it??

I'd be on my newly built M4, all my other bikes are in Dumfries at my parents. No room to keep them up here..... unfortunately?

Greig.

Back