chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Yes another one :roll:

While I was building this loads seem to popping up on here :LOL:

Originally Mark's (Sinnett) I bought the frame, forks and a few other bits from him.

I was originally going to build it with the black Lx groupset which I had from a previous build but once I got the frame I realised it had to be Dx. Took a while to find a decent 175mm chainset but thanks to Retrobike members I eventually sourced all the bits I needed. The wheels I had set aside for this were 8 speed so it has Lx shifters/levers.

I took it for its first ride on Sunday with the Lincs lads and it rode very nicely apart from a skipping chain which has now been sorted with a new cassette.

More pics and a full spec when I have more time, thanks to Fluffychicken for this pic :D

Frame:1991 Alpinestars Cro-Mega Dx

Fork:Cro-mo blades

Headset:
Stem:Answer Atac
Handlebar:Tioga
Grips:Ritchey true grips
Barends:Onza CWA

Brakes:Dx cantis
Brake Pads:Coolstop
Brake Cables:Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers:purple ano ?
Brake Levers:Ritchey Logic

Shifters:Dx thumbies
Front Derailleur:Dx
Rear Derailleur:Dx
Derailleur Cables:Jagwire
Cassette:HG50
Chain:Sram
Cranks:Dx
Crank Bolts:SRP
Chainrings:Standard Shimano
Chainring bolts:SRP
Bottom Bracket:UN72
Pedals:Dx spd's

Hub Skewers:Halo hex
Rims:Araya CV-7
Hubs:Lx M550
Nipples:Brass
Spokes:

Tyres:IRC Mythos
Tubes:Unknown

Saddle:Flite Ti
Seatpost:Deore Dx
Seatpost Binder:?

Weight:?

Attachments

• Cro-Mega (Large).JPG
    Cro-Mega (Large).JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 12,224
It looks great, especially with the purple parts. I'm so glad this has gone to a good home and will get ridden as intended. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Might as well rename this forum 'readers alpinestars' :D

Very nice indeed Chris, but I guess some of us are pretty biased. I'm also amazed at the amount of A-star fans here at the moment, especially considering all the lovely exotic machinery about at the moment ;) :)

Loving the purple ano additions - very tasteful :cool: and that's the only Alpinestar with a silver seatpost that I really like...
And the bike's definitely benefitted from the DX groupset.

Just out of interest, what barends are they? I'm looking for something similar for a project at the moment... :?

Steve

Another one for the club! Good work, looks nice and tidy.

Look forward to seeing more photos as and when. :D

do you know where I download technical specs for cro mega? im starting the build. its in good shape, all dx and megalite
looks bad but it still works

im looking for a rigid fork
dont like this marzochi (metallic green) it dont match

greetings from amsterdam

cro mega dx but with a marzochi dh fork
pics comin soon

Back