'92 Orange Clockwork

guysbikes

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just bought off eBay for £16.

I'll collect & re-paint before starting the build I think.

Any thoughts on spec?

Attachments

• Orange.jpg
    Orange.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4,932
good shout Clunker

i'm thinking brit accessories - x-lite, use, maybe a bit of hope & a middleburn duo up front...

£16 :D

I always think Oranges look best in pale colours - so you're off to a good start .................some USE bits and whatever else you acan muster, then ride it ;) Favourite mountain bike I own is C16R at the moment. :D

My favourite colour from bitd so if it were mine I'd not re-spray it. Good score for £16! DX or XT for me. ;) Look forward to seeing this build. :D

From the photo I can't see any reason to respray it and many good reasons not to. At the very least, it would surely be a good idea to first treat it with Kurust where needed and touch in the chips etc and see how you feel about it then. It would be a shame to lose the authenticity of the original paint and decals unless it was really necessary. But not forgetting that it is for he who has paid the piper to call the tune of course!

I'm fairly sure it isn't a 1991 frame. Most likely 92, but possibly 93. If you're interested, we can date it from the serial number under the bottom bracket shell.

Clockwork frames are seriously under-valued in the marketplace considering how good they are, but even by normal standards you've got yourself an excellent bargain there.

I agree with Anthony above, think it's a '92 or early '93. Check out the Aluminium 'O' that's recently been in this section for build advice. It's the same colour as yours and just looks right. ;)

Good place to start would be a black Stalk stem. :cool:

Excellent advice guys thankyou. I'm collecting it on Saturday so will post some other pics & check out the serial number. Thanks!

Bargain of the month award to you I think ;) ;)

Never seen one in this colour before, I thought it was reserved for the Alu 'O'?? :? :? Learn something new everyday :cool: :LOL:

I'll add another vote for a DX set-up ;)

Back