BoTM June 2010 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
gm1230126":8zn97lzm said:
DM":8zn97lzm said:
mfh126":8zn97lzm said:
It's a lovely build (as I already commented on in your bike thread), but you lose some points for running your skewers backwards!!! ;) :LOL:

:LOL: Harsh!

Wise advise once read in MBA... that says my skewers aren't backwards.....let's say you're blazing down the trail and you hook a branch on a skewer pointed forwards... what then? It's happened to more than one mountain biker. Skewers should always point towards the rear of the bike for safety. ;)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but by backwards, doesn't he mean the levers are on the driveside? Shouldn't levers be on the non-drive side? I understand soemon wanting to show-off their levers when taking only one photo, by placing them on the drive side; just don't think it looks very nice.

The Mt. Tam levers are perfectly fine, no? They are fine to me. I personally place my levers inside the frame dimensions, so if soething hits, it will hit the frame, not the isolated lever.

But that's only when I'm paying attention, so don't waste your time looking through my reader's rides for my lever direction. Though they are never with the lever on the drive side :p

GoldenEraMTB":18qh5nok said:
gm1230126":18qh5nok said:
DM":18qh5nok said:
mfh126":18qh5nok said:
It's a lovely build (as I already commented on in your bike thread), but you lose some points for running your skewers backwards!!! ;) :LOL:

Wise advise once read in MBA... that says my skewers aren't backwards.....let's say you're blazing down the trail and you hook a branch on a skewer pointed forwards... what then? It's happened to more than one mountain biker. Skewers should always point towards the rear of the bike for safety. ;)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but by backwards, doesn't he mean the levers are on the driveside? Shouldn't levers be on the non-drive side? I understand soemon wanting to show-off their levers when taking only one photo, by placing them on the drive side; just don't think it looks very nice.

The Mt. Tam levers are perfectly fine, no? They are fine to me. I personally place my levers inside the frame dimensions, so if soething hits, it will hit the frame, not the isolated lever.

But that's only when I'm paying attention, so don't waste your time looking through my reader's rides for my lever direction. Though they are never with the lever on the drive side :p

You know what everyone, I can solve this !! Im going to thread my hubs and fit some ti alan key bolts !! Job done !!!!!!!!!! :? :LOL:

delboy009":2ngcnnn7 said:
GoldenEraMTB":2ngcnnn7 said:
gm1230126":2ngcnnn7 said:
DM":2ngcnnn7 said:
mfh126":2ngcnnn7 said:

You know what everyone, I can solve this !! Im going to thread my hubs and fit some ti alan key bolts !! Job done !!!!!!!!!! :? :LOL:

then it'll be too modern...try standard bolts :p ;)

retroklein":o0ty9c17 said:
delboy009's Boulder defiant.... spankingly good full susser

seriously needs to get it dirty though :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: I know I know !! Got a hand injury at the mo which is preventing me from putting any major vibes through it !! Just had a load of pins removed !! It has seen quite a lot of road use already however and the south downs are yet to come :D :D Gonna be using it to tour some of Europe soon so watch this space ;)

GoldenEraMTB":yxpar4xt said:
delboy009":yxpar4xt said:
GoldenEraMTB":yxpar4xt said:
gm1230126":yxpar4xt said:
DM":yxpar4xt said:
mfh126":yxpar4xt said:

then it'll be too modern...try standard bolts :p ;)

Fellas, I meant that the skewer quick relase levers were on the drive-side instead of the non drive-side. My comment was all in jest, just giving Del a hard time (hence the wink and smile). ;) :)

I always use allen key skewers.They look far nicer than having a lever sticking out, which ever direction it's in!

Vote al.

Remember, do it for the little people on small budgets like myself. A man cobbling together random tat and bringing joy and smile to faces of the less fortunate among us.

If you don't vote for me, i'll break into song "Mister.... can you spare a dime" :(

al, the nurse is late with the sweet trolley today! :D

al":16xo2b1e said:
I always use allen key skewers.They look far nicer than having a lever sticking out, which ever direction it's in!

Vote al.

Remember, do it for the little people on small budgets like myself. A man cobbling together random tat and bringing joy and smile to faces of the less fortunate among us.

If you don't vote for me, i'll break into song "Mister.... can you spare a dime" :(

al, the nurse is late with the sweet trolley today! :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Ill vote for you Al ;) but only if you call me Eddy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back