Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I posted this in the general chat bit but answers have been thin on the ground. I need a decision soon, my mouse finger is itching and I'm still not 10% decided.

Ok here's the deal. I recently bought this bike just to use as a round town commuter. I actually quite liked the idea that as it looked so scabby it would be of no attraction to light fingered people. However now I've started riding it I can't help myself get the urge to pretty it up. Not planning on spending a fortune to make a bike that is a piece of art like some of the photos posted on here.

Anyway to cut to the chase I am going to replace the old knackered Rock Shox with a pair of rigid straight leg On-One forks. And i'm in a quandary what colour to get. I'm going to get the bike powder coated bright orange and liked the idea of a bright frame with all other parts black including the forks. However now I'm getting an urge to get white forks for some strange reason.

Would it look as cool in the flesh as it does in my head? Or am I going a bit odd in my old age?

Opinions please

Black goes with anything, white goes with white or black or red or blue or.......................well just not orange. What do I know, most of my kits lurid and clashing :roll: :LOL:

My inspiration fot orange and black

800px-McLaren_F1_GTR.jpg

Black forks would work with the orange frame, white would too but you would need to balance it out with maybe a white saddle and grips (maybe decals too ?), then the bike would maybe look a bit too pimp for it's purpose so i'd play safe and go for black ;)

jimihendrix":3482ov3u said:
Black forks would work with the orange frame, white would too but you would need to balance it out with maybe a white saddle and grips (maybe decals too ?), then the bike would maybe look a bit too pimp for it's purpose so i'd play safe and go for black ;)

The best reason so far I've heard for not going white. I hate pimped up white parts on a bike. No need.

Looks like black if nobody comes up with a good reason for white before midnight.

And then I order them.

Tazio":2jb948wv said:
My inspiration fot orange and black

800px-McLaren_F1_GTR.jpg

thats a car

your talking about a bicycle

will never look the same or even ish

try KTM for a google

mikee":4i2xz1pb said:
thats a car

your talking about a bicycle

will never look the same or even ish

try KTM for a google

It is indeed a car, but I meant the nice juxtaposition between the orange and black.

KTM make a car as well you know. And it's mad.

Back