Orange bring back the Vitamin T

cannondale king":29bxy3qh said:
ner ner il be abel to find out when orange get back to me tomorrow if so il be getting one (has to be trade price thow) :cool: :D :cool:

I look forward to seeing photos of it...

Interesting to see whether the design brief has changed. As I understand it the originals were designed to be quite flexy to be comfortable on longer rides which was different to a lot of of the other Ti frames which were designed to be stiff for racing.
As for where they were made and the quality of the originals, the welds on my Vit T look pretty good, but it did crack around the bottom bracket/chainstay junction (although after a lot of abuse) and I've since learnt a lot of them did this. Think its probably related to making them flexy /and or the craze for lightweight parts, my 19" frame weighs 3 1/4 lbs.

All the frames mentioned were Taiwan built - Clockworks, Prestiges and the Ti frames. The only exception may have been the Formula (anyone ever seen one?!) which may have been made to order in the UK? Finishing and assembly of complete bikes was done in the UK.

I've got a copy of the original Orange retail price list here and I can still remember seeing it for the first time (IIRC at Bicycle Expo at Ally Pally).

It was cheap compared to some others but retail on F&F was still £1250 (a Clockwork F&F at that time was £265)...

D'oh, that's a romantic little bubble burst then...

What about their more recent monocoque frames? What was actually made in Halifax??

Tallpaul":3bc0pzl6 said:
D'oh, that's a romantic little bubble burst then...

What about their more recent monocoque frames? What was actually made in Halifax??

I think the "strange" stuff is done in UK. everything else outsourced.

strange tubing orange bikes hand picked tubing best of all the steel tubing around the world welded by a good taiwanes welders in taiwan funny old thing that :LOL: :cool: :LOL: :cool: because they can

Up until '98 i'd always read that the 'nice' frames were halifax made (that inlcudes the P7). Then they launched the Gringo. I guess they meant many models were only finished in Halifax and ones like the Gringo were made and assembled in Taiwan? :(

Latest posts

Back