Orange bring back the Vitamin T

I have my sources ;) ... just rumours actually, but heard several times from different people, who knows. Would make sense following the clockwork success though.

here is one comment from the o so reliable stw, so must be true..
You maybe interest to know Orange are reviving the Prestige for 2008 and also there is a very special limited run of Vitamin T's, around 25 only will be made in the US, by Lynskey. Mmmmmmm

to be fair chaps, even with our retro credentials, i doubt we'll see any of a ltd run of 25. 500 - maybe, but 25 is going to go very fast and probably all internally (bike industry folk).

:cry:

Wu-Tangled":zyy2g77o said:
to be fair chaps, even with our retro credentials, i doubt we'll see any of a ltd run of 25. 500 - maybe, but 25 is going to go very fast and probably all internally (bike industry folk).

I agree, i didn't realise such limited numbers were being discussed.

Still, i'd fancy a Prestige if it were hand built and to suit 80 - 100mm travel forks. I really love the Orange brand and i have been pained by it's increasing dilution. Hopefully if these are built, the combined success of the Clockwork, Prestige and Vit T will make them realise that they don't have to only sell mass produced far east frames to turn a profit. Assuming that they do actually make a profit on them :?

Wu-Tangled":2s1nnicw said:

:evil: Just not fair (if i had the money) Wonder if any will appear on e-bay :shock:

weren't they always far east made? I know Vit T's were american or something, but weren't clockworks and prestiges foreign anyway.

Wu-Tangled":ybgwx760 said:
weren't they always far east made? I know Vit T's were american or something, but weren't clockworks and prestiges foreign anyway.

Clockworks defo were/are; but Prestige and P7 were UK made, weren't they? :?

Yeah the Vit T was an import, but still a proper handbuilt frame.

You know what i mean...

Tallpaul":1miorgev said:
Wu-Tangled":1miorgev said:

You know what i mean...

Who actually made the Vit T then?

ededwards":331lgw27 said:
Tallpaul":331lgw27 said:
Wu-Tangled":331lgw27 said:

You know what i mean...

Who actually made the Vit T then?

Good question, i think the original may have been actually built by Orange. I just have a sneaking suspition that the Vit T2's weren't, maybe the originals weren't very good? :?

i used to think sandvick made them like they did hei hei and/ or kahuna's, but i'm not sure they weren't made in far east actually.

Sure this will all get clarified soon with a user appearing and clearing up confusion sooner or later.

Back