1976 Joe Breeze road bike

gm1230126":1qsoy8e0 said:
Amazing stuff Joe!.... on the polished beauty was the tubing some out of stainless or was it a clear coated tubing?

That is polished (Reynolds) steel and only polished steel. The frame is as sculpture -- still on the stand I made for it in 1980.

-Joe

Attachments

• JBreeze007wc80frontWstandM.jpg
    JBreeze007wc80frontWstandM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,401
Breezin":2z5xedy8 said:
gm1230126":2z5xedy8 said:
Amazing stuff Joe!.... on the polished beauty was the tubing some out of stainless or was it a clear coated tubing?

That is polished (Reynolds) steel and only polished steel. The frame is as sculpture -- still on the stand I made for it in 1980.

-Joe

The polished steel looks amazing in thes photos, very cool work. Out of interest do lacquer over the top of the polished finish to keep it perfect?

someone on french forum just got this :

imgp7337.jpg

I'm not into road bikes or road racing at all :oops: :oops: But that is like looking at the finest jewelry around!! HOLY CR*P!!

Especially that polished steel one, that is just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen :cool:

Utterly spellbinding. Having just got back into road bikes this is really interesting. I dream of owning a Breezer one day. Thanks for sharing. The passion is evident in the attention to detail. :D

cchris2lou":sp0omyae said:
someone on french forum just got this :

imgp7337.jpg

Breezer Venturi bikes and frames were made from 1993 through 1998.

Venturis are compact frames (shorter ST vs. TT). Like a MTB, they are laterally rigid, yet vertically compliant. They were some of the first road frames like this, and more than a few roadies got tripped up buying for seat tube length. Effective (level) "top tube" length is what to go by (for most any frame really). Our 57cm has a 58.5 "TT, level."

I (we) hope to make more Venturis not too far down the road.

-Joe

Back