Running 1x8 or 1x9

32t upfront 11- 34 out back.

Gives me all the ratios I need.

I use an MRP 1X guide - bolts are made of cheese, soft cheese at that.

You have been warned :LOL:

cyfa2809":2b95n8m3 said:
i run a ds1 (blackspire) with matching bash
the ring isnt big enough to make the chain go over the roller but its a failsafe i suppose, i use it beacuse it was impossible for my chain to stay on with my urban riding. had to cut it to fit my full sus but it was cheap (£12!).

The compact drive Blackspire DS1 is £20 from CRC now... RRP £80 :shock:

Shame I need either 4-bolt or 110... :LOL:

Not in the wrong hole setup. . . if it were 4 hole or 110 I'd be bugging the crap out of wifey to order 2. . .

:LOL: . . I said wrong hole

ha! wrong hole!
they had 4 bolt for about a month ago, maybe look at the others including as1 also. they come up alot on pinkbike ;) and the gamut and e13 ones too which im sure work well too

It's on the list.. not going to spend much more dosh on the Voodoo tbh...

Chain, BB, headset.. chainguide probably.. and seat..

cyfa2809":3mmnka4p said:
ha! wrong hole!
they had 4 bolt for about a month ago, maybe look at the others including as1 also. they come up alot on pinkbike ;) and the gamut and e13 ones too which im sure work well too

Gamut is ideal if you want to run 1x9 and don't need a bashguard as such. Nice and thin/light so ideal for XC.

I will be running 1 * 10 on next project , but will be using a Paul chain guide , looks like a front mech .

2 x 8 for me.

Standard 3-ring set-up with the outer ring (42T) being ground done as a bashring. Working 34/22 now with 11-13-15-18-21-24-28-32 at the back.

Back