Raleigh Team Track SBDU restoration project FINISHED! 24/01

:LOL:
I think the colour scheme might be the only comparison!
Funnily enough I do already have a matching one. The road version, but that is another project (to follow).

John":2iqg6j59 said:
Exceedingly cool project.

Who will be doing the respray for you?

Chris Marshall in Keighley has refurbed my Dave Russell. I should be collecting it on Friday. He does a lot of work for classic collectors in 'The North'. PM me if you need any more info.

Old Ned":3quz7csw said:
John":3quz7csw said:
Exceedingly cool project.

Who will be doing the respray for you?

Chris Marshall in Keighley has refurbed my Dave Russell. I should be collecting it on Friday. He does a lot of work for classic collectors in 'The North'. PM me if you need any more info.

I've got a few frames needing some refinishing work, you couldn't pass on his details could you?

legrandefromage":37a5nuq1 said:
seem to be sprayed using icing sugar. Both were very brittle.

That about somes up the job I had done at Bob Jacksons. Lovely looking paint job but first drop and it is off in lumps. Scraped real easy. My expectations are maybe too high.

A finishing forum would be good

I have just got back onto this project. I have restored both hubs, lockring etc, cranks (slight surface pitting but original so they stay), BB (superb condition), I spent a couple of hours on the headset tonight which to be honest looked in a bad way, lots of surface rust but bearing surfaces in great condition. Quite pleased so far Left unrestored/Right nearly there:
DSC_0026.jpg

Next up is the wheel rebuild and then the frame probably next month. I've decided to have two forks painted, one being the track and the other a spare Raleigh fork from the same era, so if needed I can use a front brake. I am not drilling the original fork! btw I invested in a small Dremmel-like tool from CPS and it has been a life-saver for this already and a bloody bargain.

Raleigh

Hi Pointer
Love the raleigh
The dremmel tool,where did you buy it.do you use it to clean the components.my hands and fingers are red roar with wire wool!!!
I have a Raleigh Pro from 84,Still working on it.great bike.
Cipolinni

Hi There,

Sorry I meant CPC not CPS! cpc.farnell.co.uk
I have this:
DURATOOL - D00012 - 18V MINI DRILL KIT, MINI DRILL, KIT
£17.94
and I also bought this:
DURATOOL - D00152 - 150 PIECE ROTARY ACCESSORY KIT
£11.69.
Seems to work really well on small components and the extra kit contains everything you will need. I have been using some Autosol polish together with some of the polishing heads, works a treat!
(I am in no way connected with CPC!) :D

Raleigh

Thanks for the info
Will post some pictures later,you might have seen it from earlier posts
Cipo

Back