Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carsten's Mountain Goat 'Dinos' Deluxe

• Bounty69's Shaun Palmer Specialized Team only FSR Replica

• Kev Goldtec's Specialized Stumpjumper

• Total voters
As has been said really. Big toss up this month...

In the end though I couldn't vote for Rumfy again without it looking a bit too man-loving.

Looking at the other bikes with the idea of which I'd most like to own...

Still tricky but had to be the Klein. Blew me away when I first saw the pics in the readers bikes section and still makes me weak at the knees.

Fantastico!

The others are great too guys!
Feeling guilty now...

RichieB":1521n9j6 said:
Ok...So does Carsten live in The Land of the Unused bikes? Where do you find all these beautiful bikes, and what in the world is it that you do for a living that allows you to be able to own all of them?!?!

rb

that goat is not unused at all. it was used alot and it took me quite some time to restore it. yeah, living in the US now helps to get hold of such bikes and if only because overseas shipping is no issue any more. but the majority of my bikes i have since long when prices where much lower and i think only the 1988 Merlin is from ebay. all others i got from or through nice people who were happy to know their bikes in good hands. money was not the no. 1 priority. but no doubt, being an old fart with a regular income helps ;)

carsten

Carsten":3igw15gf said:
RichieB":3igw15gf said:
Ok...So does Carsten live in The Land of the Unused bikes? Where do you find all these beautiful bikes, and what in the world is it that you do for a living that allows you to be able to own all of them?!?!

rb

that goat is not unused at all. it was used alot and it took me quite some time to restore it. yeah, living in the US now helps to get hold of such bikes and if only because overseas shipping is no issue any more. but the majority of my bikes i have since long when prices where much lower and i think only the 1988 Merlin is from ebay. all others i got from or through nice people who were happy to know their bikes in good hands. money was not the no. 1 priority. but no doubt, being an old fart with a regular income helps ;)

carsten
that goat is a work of of art.

its really giving me pause. i gotta think about this some more

Last day and we have an outright runaway leader... will Eric be caught, i doubt it..

2nd place up for grabs though !

Wow ! They're are some really special bikes in that lot.

Hmm, I'd love to have a ride on the Klein - you know it'd be lightening fast! ....BUT the Tomac Raleigh just pips it. It sums up some of the best years of Mountain Biking (imo) - Pure Retro!

Winner takes it all...

Is that the biggest winner since the dawn of BOTM - over double the second place bike...??

Hat's off to Eric - where do we gof rom here...?

Neil

Just squeeked by with the win! ;)

Thanks for all the kind words and the votes guys, that was fun.

This will also mark my retirement from BOTM. Let different members and new bikes duke it out. :)

Back