Wanlockhead Goldrush

kaiser":1vk8y1nj said:
I'll try to edit the route description, and I'll need to buy a map. It does start at Drumlanrig though. It sounds great though as I said the singletrack descent is meant to be narrow and cliffy :eek:

I suppose that is slightly more encouraging than calling it 'narrow and deathy'...

therealkw15":2lbado6n said:
kaiser":2lbado6n said:
I'll try to edit the route description, and I'll need to buy a map. It does start at Drumlanrig though. It sounds great though as I said the singletrack descent is meant to be narrow and cliffy :eek:

I suppose that is slightly more encouraging than calling it 'narrow and deathy'...

your way is more appealing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i'm in :cool:

Lads this is so close I could almost ride it, would love to make it as well but car problems in wales makes this a no show for me, unless anyone is passing crawford on the way and had room for me, my baw heid and my bike.

Come to think of it my XC rig is so far from ready its almost just a frame, would full rigid cut it or kill me!

I'm gonna put this one on ice just now, realise I don't have a free weekend till September :eek: If anyones wanting the route and details let me know. :)

I've ridden this route a few times and i think the 1st time was with Rick many moons ago! It's a temendous route, and the downhill is superb. Another good starting place however is Durisdeer, as the downhill back into Durisdeer is also excellent. Though last time i did it, it was on my Cannondale SM500, so no discs and no suspension!!! Arms were killing me afterwards! If any one is interested in doing some loops in this area then let me know as I've ridden most of the tracks in the Leadhills and surrounding area.

It's definitely an all day outing, and reckon on about 45 miles of tough off road terrain. You can also use quite a bit of the Southern Upland way as it cuts through that area as well.

Greig.

Back