'Scent of a Woman' Clwydian Ranges Ride - June 5th

ER - yep, you're right about the trails - I combined the 'Going Backwards' route which we rode, against advice, clockwise... :roll: ...then cunningly merged it with the northern end of the Delyn Challenge trail, before fading down the slopes in an easterly direction back to Nannerch/Cilcain. Everyone loved the ride overall, although I think some additional technical stuff needed to be found somewhere.

I'm sure some more riding in the area will net us a formidable RB Classic-status trail for next year's calendar... :cool:

Capt K

3 fantastic write up's already guys. When i get a minute will add my own take on the day ! ;)

Woody's also unofficial report

After a busy week doing the daily grind I was looking forward to getting out on the bike and having some retro fun. Paul picked me up in his new smarty car , i had my brown paperbag ready to wear over my head but it wasn't reqiured , i was won over by the little car. We got to the meeting point in Cilcain JB666 was already there and Mr K soon sprang up and straight away poked fun at drystonepaul's new motor.

We soon got our old old retro machines out (some of us also had retro helmets and hilarious neon glasses too) and hit the trails in glorious sunshine. The banter started straight away , Paul and Mr K going on about some saracen frame that Paul was hoping to aquire but Mr K had already given it away!

Mr Kawherethehellarewe had become Mr kawiknowwhereimgoingtoday. The morning's route was brilliant good climbs and great decents. After every downhill section though there was a burning smell coming from drystonekid's new brake blocks which had decided to melt on to his rims!! We arrived at the pub for lunch ,where we refueled with some gastro food. While at the pub Paul decided he would test the strength of the door frame by cracking his head on it both going in the pub then moments later coming out of the pub!! ...muppet!

The afternoon's ride took in more great trails but there was a stinker of a climb that JB666 didn't find amusing ! I got the only mechanical of the day but we soon sorted it and made it all back safely to the finish. This was a fantastic day , fair play To Mr k making it round on the 34lb Muddy fox! Really good to meet JB666 and i hope drystonepaul's head is ok now.

A few pic's from the day

002.jpg

003.jpg

008-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

016.jpg

017-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

023.jpg

013-3.jpg

;)

I hope to do it all again soon.