Ti/V.good quality rigid forks, which one?

Judy at 50mm travel - 406mm centre axle to crown centre, no sag
Judy at 63mm travel - 420mm centre axle to crown centre, no sag

Hope this helps, sounds like about 400mm would be ideal for a rigid fork on a 63mm travel frame to me.

Hey guys,

Jumping in a bit late on this one, but...

There are a few really nice Ti forks out there that will do well with canti brakes from some custom builders...however, Ti is just not a material that is best suited for fork construction in a single crown format, let alone with disc tabs, atmo.

I think you are spot on looking at a steel fork that is geometry adjusted to fit your frame.

I would suggest providing a atc length of 15 7/8" or 403mm an excellent fit for your frame as it was designed around 63mm sussy forks.

There are many configurations you can choose for your fork construction;

Unicrown - lightest weight

Fat style - excellent tracking with moderate absorption

Box crown - a little heavier but oh so classy

Standard lug and blade - nice and plush, but not a style fit for your application.

I just fabbed up this baby yesterday...a crown forward Yo style fork and custom stem...

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• MG Fork and stem 005.jpg
    MG Fork and stem 005.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,638
As was suggested on my previous thread I tried this french company - www.skydecomp.com

The forks look very nice if u take a browse on the link but they never got back to me! reasonable price too.

Think I'll be getting a set of steel project 2's as the brake judder & flex on my pace rigids with disc brake is crazy. front wheel hops to a halt!

regards

Martin

fork

I agree jez they are some cracking looking forks, in fact have PM'd him to see if he posts to the uk ;)

Back