Paris-Roubaix - a ride report

Enviously reading your report - I've ridden it a few times and try as I must, couldn't muster much interest from my ride buddies - maybe regaling the painful experiences of previous exploits was too much? This really is a 'must do' for any serious cyclist - riding Arenberg at full speed is truly an awesome experience.

Some pictures of the Bob Jackson after the ride:

DSCF0854.JPG

DSCF0856.JPG

DSCF0858.JPG

It's not an old bike, but it is retro.

Bob Jackson Audax Club frame, Campagnolo Centaur kit (except Veloce brakes and Chorus cranks). Ambrosio Hubs with Open Pro Ceramic rims, Bontrager tyres, BBB Bars and Stem, San Marco Regal Saddle.

It's a fantastic ride, very comfortable and very strong. Only modification for Paris Roubaix was to put 52/42 chainrings on just because I had them lying around. Didn't miss a beat all day, nothing went wrong...although it was squeaking like a bird by the end. It pained me to clean it - I earned that dirt!

I'm just trying to work out how to buy the proper photo, but this was on the Carrefour towards the end

Attachments

• Carrefour.jpg
    Carrefour.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,474
ededwards":2p7ez4fg said:
I'm just trying to work out how to buy the proper photo, but this was on the Carrefour towards the end

That's a race face right there!

ededwards":19t3jsen said:
I'm just trying to work out how to buy the proper photo

I can help you out there. Use the basket icon to put them in your basket. Click "Voir mon panier" when you've selected all you want. Choose "envoi par mail", pay your money and they'll email them to you.

Aremberg (my bottle is full of that tasty mint syrup stuff that they love in France):

PR_4745.jpg

Carrefor de l'abre

PR_7557.jpg

John":1rb6buj1 said:
That's a race face right there!

I learned that from my sensei, won't say who as he's a modest chap even though he's one of the riding big hitters on here.

Crazy fools :)

Great work all of you! I'd have to go round the island 3 times to get that sort of distance.

cromoman":16tv65v0 said:
ededwards":16tv65v0 said:
I'm just trying to work out how to buy the proper photo

I can help you out there. Use the basket icon to put them in your basket. Click "Voir mon panier" when you've selected all you want. Choose "envoi par mail", pay your money and they'll email them to you.

Thanks, I did the necessary yesterday morning and am just waiting for the e-mail with the photos to arrive.

Back