'89 Scott Boulder OWMTBC '10 project - FINISHED

Many thanx Thomas!

And about Yours frame: yes, You're right - You're lucky owner of 89 special edition :) Of course Your frame isn't an early 90, because they have been totaly different (tubes, geometry)
Your frame is very interesting - I'm still thinking about it!

Scott 88-89

Thats a 89 i think, i used to sell those in the shop i worked in when i was a kid. i still have a yellow 88 frame as pictured with the spokes and a chain stay protectors. glad to see people are saving these. although saying that i may be sellign my frame.

hapy trails. enjoy.
Pete

Scott 88-89

Thats a 89 i think, i used to sell those in the shop i worked in when i was a kid. i still have a yellow 88 frame as pictured with the spokes and a chain stay protectors. glad to see people are saving these. although saying that i may be sellign my frame.

hapy trails. enjoy.
Pete

I know, my frame is definately a ´89 frame, no doubt about that.

i only thought it might have been a 89 "windriver"-frame (the more expensive one) in "boulder" coulourscheme, to clear out the frame stock.

But as mentioned before, the windriver frame has the same features as the boulder has, so this theory is wrong.

Well then, it´s just a 89 boulder frame with some special features.

Guys - think...
When Scott printed 89 catalogues? probably in 2nd half of 88
When they make pictures? probably earlier (middle of 88?)
So, MAYBE they had vision of 89 frame, byt they don't have in real, and just painted 88 for making photos? And I've early 89 with 88 frame as You suggest, and You've regular 89?
possible? I think yes, when You look for 92 catalogue
here You have fex 91 frame painted as a 92 in 92 catalogue Look for bottom pull mechs and mounting points for carrier

92-91.jpg

what You Guys think about this theory?

biglev could You show Your frame please (good pics if possible)
Thomas what is diameter of Your seatpost - I dont have oryginal one, and IMO 28,6 which I bought witch frame is too small I just want to know what I should looking for - 27,0; 27,2?

Nice! Haven´t seen one in the flesh before.

What tubeset ? There is a small sticker on the seattube.

And about my project - I found Deore pedals in good condition, also I have Mt.Christopher nooses for them
ped-deore.jpg

Also I found brown Araya 7s (this model was in oryginal specyfication), now I've to build wheels witch MT60 hubs

Back